PPD Scientist / Senior Scientist - Flow Cytometry , PCR , Cell Culture in Cambridge, Massachusetts
/This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role./
*In labs and health care facilities worldwide- HERE WE ARE *
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD® Laboratories FSP. PPD® Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As a*Scientist / Senior Scientist, *you will join the Cell and Genetic Therapy (CGT) department to support the Cell Analytical Development team.
Additional key responsibilities for the role on site at a major pharmaceutical company:
- Execute sample testing to support analytical and process development teams using a variety of techniques, with emphasis on flow cytometry and PCR
- Culture and differentiate human hematopoietic stem cells
- Develop and execute characterization assays and improve lot release assays as required
- Establish reference materials as required to support assay validation.
- Reliably and consistently execute technical skills on relevant assay platforms
- Independently interpret data from routinely performed experiments
- Maintain excellent documentation of experiments and studies
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and trend assay performance in conjunction with manager
- Report on project progress and contribute to analytical development protocols and reports; present data effectively at internal Group or Project Team meetings
- Perform basic statistical analysis of experimental data where appropriate
- Assist with lab organization and compliance with lab safety protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence - apply now!
*Education and Experience: *
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics, or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Scientist: Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years industry). OR MS with 1 years of industry
- Senior Scientist: Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 4 years industry). OR MS with 2 years of industry OR PhD with 0-2 years of experience
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
- 1 years of relevant industry experience in the cell and gene therapy space or biologics
- Relevant industrial laboratory experience in assay/analytical development of cell and/or gene therapies
- Familiarity with hematopoietic stem cell biology and gene editing techniques
- Experience with assay development for assessment of cell-based products including identity, purity, and potency
- Experience with sample management and ELN/LIMS systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on experience with flow cytometry and mammalian cell culture
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following analytical techniques: ddPCR, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, HPLC, CFU
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Be self-motivated, focused, organized, and thorough
- Demonstrate independent reasoning and problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced work environment and multi-task effectively
- Full understanding of laboratory requirements, PPD & client SOPs, ICH guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance
- Ability to utilize Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word to perform tasks
- Proficiency on technical operating systems
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
*Working Environment: *
/PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role: /
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
*PPD Defining Principles: *
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you
Organization: *US BU
Title: Scientist / Senior Scientist - Flow Cytometry , PCR , Cell Culture
Location: MA-Cambridge-FSP4 Cambridge, MA
Requisition ID: 196901
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs