Bristol Myers Squibb Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
MoCR Cambridge new Job Requisition
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (Job title may be adjusted per candidate experience).
CORE JOB FUNCTION(S):
• Use current/new techniques to address questions of drug mechanism of action, drug combinations and sensitivity/resistance. Develop and qualify new PD marker assays
• Set up and utilize a wide range of in vitro oncology models
• Design and execute experiments to characterize small molecule inhibitors
• Interact with project teams and contract laboratories for design and oversight of molecular, cellular and/or in vivo studies
• May be responsible for co-authoring non-clinical pharmacology study reports and scientific publications
• Expected to understand departmental goals and development processes
• Execute experiments independently, troubleshoot as needed
• Interpret and discuss data
• Familiar/keeps current with literature
• Communicate via email, meetings and reports
• Responsible for the completion of assignments that have an impact on functional goals
• At least 5 years of post-college research experience in the field of molecular/cell biology, physiology, toxicology, translational development or pharmacology or another relevant field.
• Industry experience in drug discovery or translational research in the pharma or biotech setting is a plus
• Graduate degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) not required. MS degree is preferred but extensive post college experience in relevant field may be sufficient in lieu of a degree.
• Ability to conduct experimental work independently, with accurate, detailed record-keeping.
• Ability to efficiently manage and prioritize multiple projects, coordinating in-house research with collaborative work
• Ability to summarize and interpret scientific data in a clear, concise and accurate manner
• Extensive experience performing laboratory work, including handling cell cultures and performing analysis of protein and DNA/RNA samples using a variety of methodologies.
• Experienced in the design and development of cell based assays using various technology platforms.
• Experience in oncogenic signaling pathways is a plus.
• Experience in one or more of the following techniques is expected: Flow cytometry, western blotting, cell culture, cell cycle and apoptosis assays in single or multiplexing formats, qPCR/RT-PCR.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Able to be flexible in case of changing priorities
• Should have solid understanding of relevant scientific principles
• Able to identify scientific and technical problems and potential solutions
• Able to work independently and as a part of a team
• Able to provide input into experimental designs
• Able to interpret data/questions independently and articulate recommendations for resolution with strong scientific rationale
• Able to recognize risks and develop contingency plan.
• Able to communicate with peers and supervisors
• Able to begin to contribute to the achievement of workgroup/team goals
• Key contributor to collaborative efforts
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Req Number: R1523115-en-us
Updated: 2021-03-04 01:42:05.043 UTC
Bristol Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bristol Myers Squibb
- Bristol Myers Squibb Jobs