Kelly Services Research Associate I in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Kelly is hiring a Research Associate I for one of our biotechnology clients in Cambridge MA.
local candidates only
Contract duration: 12 months
Process Development for Cell and Gene Therapy
• Write and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks.
• Independently design specific laboratory experiments.
• Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses of experimental procedures, data, and conclusions.
• Effectively communicate results of experiments and analyses to supervisor and/or project teams. Perform routine scientific experiments independently and be responsible for research and development in collaboration with others on projects.
• Perform new procedures with only general instructions.
• Make detailed observations, organize and analyze data, and interpret results in a clear and logical format (e.g., graphs, charts, summaries).
• Identify problems with experiments and troubleshoot solutions with guidance from supervisor. Good understanding of basic experimental objectives and concepts of experimental design.
• Maintain familiarity with current applicable scientific literature and contribute to the process of a project within her/his scientific discipline, as well as investigate, create, and develop new methods and techniques for project advancement.
• Personal motivation to expand applicable scientific knowledge through reading and by attending seminars and research meetings.
• Possess working knowledge of mammalian cell culture and sterile transfer technique • Possess familiarity with cell enumeration and fluorescent staining
• Possess ability to set up and operate bench-top cell culture bioreactors
• May be required to occasionally work during evening or weekend hours
• Be well organized and detail oriented, effectively prioritize, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
• Possess good oral and written communication skills.
• Possess advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and analysis computer skills.
• Comply with company safety practices and standard operating procedures.
• Exhibit and promote company Core Competencies.
BS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences and 1-3 years laboratory experience, or MS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences and 0-2 years laboratory experience.
Possess a combination of education and experience in a physical and/or life science to work independently, serve as a resource for researchers, train new technicians, and help solve problems with instrument operation.
• Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
• Typical laboratory bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
• Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
- Kelly Services Jobs