Google Real Estate Project Executive, Loudon County in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Construction, Engineering, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in planning, design development, project management and/or real estate development and leadership of corporate real estate assets.
- Experience in corporate design/construction project management/leadership.
- Be willing to travel to regional offices along the East Coast for 30-50% of the time.
- Master's degree in Architecture, Business, Construction Management, Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced technology environment with the ability to navigate ambiguity while driving solutions.
- Ability to produce and deliver executive presentations, project status reports and communicate deliverables to stakeholders and management teams.
- Ability to think creatively and provide non-standard and innovative solutions. Ability to influence strategic change and initiatives where prudent.
- Ability to translate ideas and capabilities into effective initiatives.
- Ability to prioritize evolving initiatives effectively with excellent vision, leadership and strategic skills.
Google operates on a global scale, but each office seeks to emulate the same Googley feel of our Mountain View, California home base. As a Workplace Service Program Manager, you build consistent, outstanding workplace experiences around the world. You design, implement and manage Google's service offerings. You're a great communicator who is comfortable taking on complex projects with a diverse set of stakeholders. You believe that great isn't good enough. You bring an analytical mind to constantly improve the efficiency and efficacy of your projects, from building new workplace tools and applications to mergers and acquisitions. You get satisfaction from knowing your clients are happy, healthy and productive, and are excited about joining a fast-paced, collaborative team that is reinventing what a workplace can be.
As a member of the Google Real Estate team, you will be on the front lines of Google's physical expansion. You will think critically and be part of a team with a wide range of responsibilities, including the design and construction oversight of our next and ever expanding offices. You will help manage spatial requirements for a workforce that is growing to ensure that the job is done to Google's high and industry-setting standards and in a way that promises long-term sustainability and care for our world's resources.
As a Real Estate Project Executive on the Americas Real Estate, Design and Delivery team, you will lead a scope of services and associated teams involved in the planning and management of Google’s real estate projects. You will be directly responsible for planning/development, financial analysis/administration and design/construction oversight of new and/or expanding corporate offices across Google’s portfolio.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work -- from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Lead all aspects of the program, concept and design development, schedule and budget management, as well as construction of Google real estate. Manage tenant improvement and build-to-suit projects and ensure that organizational cultural values are maintained and exemplified in the workspace.
- Engage with customers, cross-functional partners and other internal organizations, demonstrating your ability to drive consensus and compromise when needed. Communicate project information and updates to Googlers and leadership appropriately.
- Contribute to market specific portfolio strategy. Manage and track all aspects of the design, schedule, budget and construction.
- Work independently on difficult real estate challenges requiring in-depth analysis and evaluation of business situations. Manage and participate in transactions process and entitlements for the properties as defined by the real estate strategy.
- Perform analysis on build vs. lease and retrofit vs. new construction analysis, financial analysis, budgeting, tracking and schedule management for all aspects of the project. Contribute to and implement a multi-year master plan process and update it periodically.