RTX Corporation Photonics Experimentalist Graduate Internship in Cambridge, Massachusetts
United States of America
MA105: BBN Headquarters 10 Moulton Street , Cambridge, MA, 02138 USA
Position Role Type:
Who we are
Raytheon BBN is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
Our Physical Sciences and Systems Department, located in Cambridge, MA, is seeking a qualified Photonics Experimentalist for an internship position. The candidate should possess a solid theoretical background and experimental experience over a broad range of applications in multi-disciplinary fields.
What you will do
The candidate will join a highly entrepreneurial group advancing and executing research in optics and integrated photonics, as well as expanding to new directions in emerging photonically-enabled sensing, computing, communications, and information processing technologies.
What you will need
• Passion for precision integrated photonics measurements, for theoretical understanding of the subject, for developing concepts, and for working with software and hardware tools that enable novel experiments.
• PhD or graduate degree (in progress) in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field.
• Experience conducting and automating integrated photonics experiments for a wide range of classical/non-classical applications
• Experience with modeling and with measurement of passive/active integrated photonic devices and table-top optical devices.
• Due to facility restrictions this position requires U.S. citizenship or U.S. person status.
Desired Experience, Skills and Traits
• Laboratory research experience in optics and integrated photonics.
• Photonic integrated circuit (PIC) design and tape-out experience
• Ability to present technical information in presentations, journal papers, and reports
• Works independently and requires only minimal supervision.
• Takes proactive action to anticipate, understand, and meet project needs.
• Develops concepts and organizes ideas; demonstrates originality and ingenuity.
The salary range for this role is 37,000 USD - 82,000 USD. The salary range provided is a good faith estimate representative of all experience levels. RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role, function and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills.
Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.
Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.
This role is a U.S.-based role. If the successful candidate resides in a U.S. territory, the appropriate pay structure and benefits will apply.
RTX anticipates the application window closing approximately 40 days from the date the notice was posted. However, factors such as candidate flow and business necessity may require RTX to shorten or extend the application window.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link (http://www.rtx.com/privacy/Job-Applicant-Privacy-Notice) to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
- RTX Corporation Jobs