Oracle Oracle Cloud Architect- North America Cloud Engineering in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Overlay sales personnel providing specialist product expertise to the sales force.
Partners with Account, Technology, and Application sales representatives to qualify and close new business on Oracle solutions. Provides specific industry or product expertise to facilitate the closing of deals within sales representatives territory. Interacts with sales team to architect the solution, and develop and execute solution strategies for market. Manages solution opportunities to obtain appropriate and necessary resources for all qualified opportunities. Leads teams in the sales process for establishing market visibility and deal visibility. Presents/demonstrates solution to high level clients and industry conference attendees. May provide training to field sales on industry/solutions. Builds and maintains a network and up to date specific industry or product knowledge.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. 12 years applicable experience preferred. Subject matter expertise in industry/product space. Knowledge of key industry leaders and management. Knowledge of Oracle competition. Presentation and product demonstration experience. Previous consultative selling experience preferred. Excellent communication, negotiating, and closing skills with prospects and customers. Travel may be needed. BA/BS degree in related field.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your mission is to work with Oracle’s largest customers/partners on migration/net new strategies to move their intellectual property software and to develop their next-generation offerings on the Oracle Cloud. You will work with internal business development strategists, and several other internal Oracle service delivery teams, including Product Management and Development to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architecture blueprints that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of Oracle Cloud services. In collaboration with customers/partners sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers and help our customers accelerate the adoption of Oracle Cloud IaaS and PaaS, i.e. Network, Compute, Storage, Database Cloud Services, as well as Open Source platforms such Container Engine (Managed Kubernetes/Docker Services).
Job Responsibilities/Top Qualifications:
• As a trusted customer advocate, you will help customers/partners understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
• Work with top customers/partners to help shape and execute a strategy to develop their next-gen SaaS offerings on the Oracle Cloud.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Oracle and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Conduct training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using Oracle.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support.
• Leverage your influencing skills and unmatched enthusiasm to support sales leaders and highly motivated sales consultants and cloud specialists in closing deals with customers.
• Develop deep expertise in the Oracle Cloud technology offerings as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the Oracle Cloud.
• Lead the efforts to share best-practice knowledge amongst the Oracle Cloud community. You will learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
• Help lead and generate excitement and usage of Oracle Cloud services across various customers/partners segments.
• Ideal candidates will possess the following traits:
Passion: Working with top customers/partners: educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the largest and most important organizations in the world.
Creativity: Enjoy creating and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive adoption of Oracle Cloud.
High acumen: for assessing, compiling great technical content, and white papers about emerging technologies and industry developments.
Collaboration: Enjoy and have experience with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning, and other program initiatives targeted at specific audiences e.g. developers and IT pros.
No Fear: dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Connector: The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
Strategic Thought Leadership: You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
• Cloud Architecture Blueprint and Solution Design
• Cloud certification (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)-Required
• Ability to walk up the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) model with modern terminology and relevance
• Wide knowledge of IT and modern Development market and trends
• Have owned or at least been involved in the platforming choices and decisions having been through the on-premise to Cloud journey
• Experience migrating to or architecting microservices cloud solutions and/or containers or has built such green-field “cloud-native” applications
• Experience building SaaS applications and/or PaaS cloud services on any popular platform e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure.
• Experience migrating applications from on-premise to the cloud and/or experience architecting and developing a next-generation SaaS offering.
• Ability to map enterprise architectures through a solution and technical architectures that deliver expected business benefits and prove to be resilient in the face of changing business requirements
• Strong executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, whiteboarding, large and small group presentations.
• Technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the technical interface between Oracle Cloud teams and end customers.
• Architecture or other appropriate certifications like TOGAF, CISSP, OpenCA, ITIL, Cob it, Prince strongly preferred.
• Ability to work autonomously is highly desired.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related discipline preferred. Advanced degree highly desirable.
• Public Cloud Certification (Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform) Required
Title: Oracle Cloud Architect- North America Cloud Engineering
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 200014LL
- Oracle Jobs