CBRE Maintenance Technician in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Areas of Interest
Boston - Massachusetts - United States of America, Cambridge - Massachusetts - United States of America
This is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Technician serving one of our largest Life Sciences partnerships.
This day shift role will require being on call every other week, and for each on call week will earn 48 hours straight time.
Responsible for assisting in the operation and maintenance of tenant owned systems, equipment,
and furnishings. Perform general building maintenance tasks to help preserve the function and
aesthetics of the tenant
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Perform preventive maintenance and repairs to tenant owned mechanical equipment and systems
• Identifies, isolates, and, in some instances, repairs tenant related issues that arise
• Works closely with vendors to coordinate and ensure clients procedures are safely followed and
provides vendor escorting
• Performs maintenance work orders and building tours and documents on appropriate logs and
computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
• Advocate the cooperation of all personnel to ensure the smooth operation of the entire department
• Maintain a professional, safe and clean work area. Comply with C&W Services and OSHA Safety
Policies and Regulations.
• Regular attendance at assigned location and participates in client meetings
• Ensures assigned work tasks meet quality standards
• Patching and painting walls and surfaces
• Lamp replacements
• Repair, replace or adjust inoperable doors and hardware
• Replace damaged or missing ceiling tiles
• Cove base and carpet repairs
• Hang boards, pictures, signs and other wall fastened items
• Patching and painting walls and surfaces
• Minor furniture repairs
• General carpentry functions
• Minor plumbing repairs
• Terminal HVAC repairs (tenant owned systems such as VAV, FCU, FPB, split A/C, etc.)
• Sourcing of parts and supplies to perform work functions
• Participate in projects as needed
• Conference room setup and reset
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma/GED Required (Trade School background preferred). 2 to 4 years’ experience in general facility maintenance required
Ability to read schematics, job instructions, and general correspondence
Prior experience in HVAC/carpentry/painting/general maintenance
Ability to be on a rotational on-call schedule
This list is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position.
However, the list is not to be considered as all inclusive. A supervisor or manager may assign other
duties to meet mission requirements, and cooperation of all personnel is expected
to carry out the mission.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL ABILITIES
General maintenance work by its nature requires physical abilities to include lifting up to 50 lbs
regularly. Full dexterity is required including bending, kneeling, twisting, fine motor skills with hands and fingers, full rotation of the head and neck. Ability to see, hear and be alert while operating equipment. Ability to operate lift equipment and perform work safely utilizing extension and step ladders.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
CBRE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations, as needed, throughout the job application process. If you have a disability that inhibits your ability to apply for a position through our online application process, you may contact us via email at email@example.com or via telephone at +1 866 225 3099 (U.S.) and +1 866 388 4346 (Canada).
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)
- CBRE Jobs