Mathematica Director of Product Delivery in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Position Description*:
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
We are seeking a dynamic leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to join the Digital Platforms and Products Team as Director of Product Delivery. This person will work remotly for the time-being during the pandemic. The effective leader will be responsible for delivering transformative digital assets to our business units for clients and internal use. As a digital product leader, you will be responsible for the delivery and financial performance of a portfolio of data-centric assets that further advance Mathematica’s capabilities and offerings in data collection, management, analytics and data visualization.
At Mathematica, we take pride in our commitment to diversity. Building an inclusive culture that draws on the individual strengths of employees from different ethnic backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, abilities, and experience is key to our success.
- Partner with business strategists, experience leads, and architects to frame business goals and value propositions from which we can shape product propositions that provide transformative business outcomes, return on investment, and customer experience
- Develop product vision, strategy, market/user research, by keeping the customer at the center of everything we do
- Ensure that product roadmap and delivery achieve business objectives including speed, scale, improved quality, and ability to generate revenue as a result of our products.
- Translate product vision into a roadmap containing well-defined, prioritized features that will realize the product vision and value
- Validate and present the business case to the C-level executives; lead business reviews to ensure the team prioritizes the right features
- Evaluate and determine development and go-to-market partner opportunities.
- Manage the capital and operating expenses for digital products as well as revenue generation, in partnership with business units and finance.
- Manage large project delivery schedules and key aspects of product development using agile approaches
- Work with unit leadership on go to market strategies, business development assets, and proposals Identify and champion novel use of digital assets.
- Work with finance to develop the business case for capital product investments and pricing strategies
- Work with product development, technical architecture and security teams to deliver product scope on time and within budget.
- Partner with HR, Communications, and Business Units to deliver organizational change management for products including training, communications and marketing plans.
- Determine and evaluate key metrics for the adoption of digital products.
- Assess competitor landscape and anticipate market or business issues and recommend improvements / enhancements
- Work with internal / external teams to develop, conduct and assess user needs to identify future enhancement opportunities. Work with product delivery and technical architecture team to transition mature products to steady state operations
- 10+ years of digital product management delivery capabilities for full lifecycle of product conception, development, and sale.
- Experience with data management products preferred
- Agile methodology experience (i.e., Scrum, Kanban) for rapid test and learn approach; experience with design thinking to develop product vision
- Experience leading design sprints
- Requires in-depth knowledge and/or breadth of experience with web product management (UX, UI, Content, etc.)
- Experience leading multiple product offerings simultaneously
- Experience with managing multiple project implementations of product offerings in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong presentation and communication skills; ability to communicate complex ideas with others (all levels) and persuade audience to align to a single strategic point of view
- Experience developing digital product pricing structures
- Influencer in continuous learning and innovation
- Experience leading product development teams of over 20 people
- Demonstrated financial management success with capex and opex investments of over $10M/year
- Experience managing relationships and oversight of external development partners, both onshore and offshore
- Successful go-to-market and business development experience with one or more digital products
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, location preference, and salary expectations.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $155,000 - $230,000. This position is eligible for an annual bonus, based on company and individual performance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
- Available Locations:* Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; Remote
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs