Microsoft Corporation Delivery Management Manager - CTJ in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Do you want to support and enable field project execution for the US Federal Consulting Business Applications Center of Excellence with top Services Professionals to drive successful outcomes for US Federal organizations? Do you like to foster and manage delivery relationships with account delivery leadership, customers and partners and provide delivery excellence support for multi-phased, complex solution deliveries? As the size and complexity of our business grows, we need the ability to provide leadership, strategic and tactical guidance to our Business Applications Project Management team, who are leading the largest accounts on a full-time basis to ensure success.
The Delivery Manager of Manager (DMM) role will be key in leading a talented group of professional Business Application Project Managers in US Federal Consulting with the execution of work for our largest Business Application US Federal customers. Working closely with our account aligned delivery leadership, customers and Federal leadership team, the DMM will drive practice level initiatives to ensure compressed consumption, quality oversight, project leadership and client satisfaction.
The Delivery Manager of Manager (DMM) is responsible for support of engagement execution across US Federal Consulting Business Application customers and driving key initiatives that enable delivery consistency, predictability, quality and customer satisfaction. Responsibilities include:
• People Management responsibility of a team of Business Application Project Managers.
• Oversight of Business Application Project Managers to ensure consumption, efficient delivery, customer and partner satisfaction and delivery within the constraints of schedule, features/functionality, and budget.
• Drives customer satisfaction strategies, outcomes, and scores for the Business Application Center of Excellence
• Provides thought leadership on key delivery excellence initiatives including continuous improvement of the methodology, processes and tools that drive consistent delivery.
• Executes established policies and procedures for the practice, e.g. quality assurance, team reference guide and communication plan.
• Maintains executive level relationships with client executives and participates in steering committees to provide oversight in coordination with account delivery leadership in US Federal.
• Follows the principles of Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step, Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) and the current Services methodology (MSDM) in project delivery.
• Travel required (25-50%+), mostly within US
The capability to be effective requires a senior executive who has held strategic leadership roles within Microsoft and/or executive leadership positions within global services or customer organizations. The ability to connect and relate to senior customer executives is an imperative easily and effectively.
• Bachelor (or Master’s) degree or equivalent experience, MBA desirable
• 10+ years of related consulting delivery experience
• Demonstrated capability in managing large, global, complex Tier 1 CRM and/or ERP projects
• Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain senior client and partner relationships to meet current and future customer needs
• Exceptional communication, team building and mentoring skills to create exceptionally strong morale and spirit among diverse teams
• People Management Experience - Experience with hiring, staffing, professional development coaching, and performance management required.
• Business process and people management skills or related experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to lead client and consulting teams.
• Competency in Managing Systems & Process, Organizational Agility, Negotiation & Conflict Management, Planning/Organizing/Coordinating, Analytical Problem Solving, Product & Technology Expertise, Project Management, Change Management.
• Project Management fundamentals desired (e.g. PMI or equivalent) and Industry-specific certifications (as and if applicable).
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs