Charles River Laboratories Corporate Response Team (CRT1) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Corporate Response Team (CRT1)
Req ID #: 102472
Cambridge, MA, US, 02142
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
. Charles River is seeking a Corporate Response Team(CRT 1) technician, to perform temporary assignments of caretaking, cage wash, and other duties as assigned at any IS commercial or academic contract site. The position is full time, benefits eligible, based in our Cambridge, MA., location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs any combination of following duties in IS client facilities, as assigned by site supervisor or client POC in accordance with research requirements and established site SOPs/practices:
• Review, comprehend and comply with all SOPs and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area.
• Monitor animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations and animal husbandry duties to include: performing daily equipment checks; providing appropriate food and water; performing cage changing and/or cage cleaning; recording animal health concerns.
• Maintain required attendance level and adherence to work schedule.
• Provide environmental enrichment appropriate to species.
• Maintain accurate records of animal breeding, health, and housing/isolator or support areas.
• Assist with restraint, handling and manipulation of various animal species as assigned by the on-site supervisor or facility/attending veterinarian.
• Properly dispose of animal carcasses and waste.
• Follow all procedures necessary to properly maintain animal housing areas, including room or facility personnel entry; personnel protective equipment use, and sanitation/decontamination of equipment and materials.
• Receive, inspect and house incoming animals.
• Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines; perform general housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures.
• Sanitize, maintain, and repair caging materials as directed. Maintain cage wash facilities in a clean and organized manner.
• Maintain facility equipment and perform routine preventative maintenance on cagewash and autoclaves, including routine inspection of cleaning filters, roto-arms, and other critical control points as directed.
• Assist with the receipt, stocking and maintenance of supply inventories.
• Prepare and submit required written records, charts, logs and inventories.
• Interact with customers as directed to resolve customer requests, inquiries, and complaints, and may be tasked to provide technical assistance.
• May be tasked to assist with breeding and weaning procedures to ensure appropriate production levels.
• May be tasked to assist with technical procedures, such as blood and/or tissue collection, injections, surgical prep, administering anesthesia, and assisting with surgical procedures.
• Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science, Biology or Biological Science.
• Experience: Six (6) months of animal care and handling in a laboratory or similar environment desired.
• Certification/Licensure: Obtain AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level (ALAT) upon eligibility.
• Other (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities): Computer literacy in Microsoft Outlook, word processing and database record keeping required. Ability to develop and maintain positive, professional working relationships with all levels of management, clients and staff. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities and function independently, as well as within a team environment, with minimal supervision. Ability to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, and industry regulations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to adapt and respond timely to the needs of the assigned contract to ensure that excellent customer service is provided at all times.
IMPORTANT:A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Insourcing Solutions
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs