Harvard University Coordinator II in Cambridge, Massachusetts
46409BRAuto req ID:46409BRJob Code:403040 Coordinator II Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Major Gifts CoordinatorSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:055Time Status:Full-time Union:55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers Basic Qualifications:Minimum three years of experience in related office environment. Proficient working with MS Office suite including Word and Excel. Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
Applicants wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to their resume.
Applicants wishing to be considered must indicate meeting basic qualifications in their cover letter or resume.
Additional Qualifications:College degree strongly preferred; work experience in fund raising, international fund raising and/or alumni relations environment preferred; excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to work independently, meet deadlines, use initiative and work with minimal supervision; ability to prioritize, ability to manage multiple assignments with necessary follow through and attention to details; strong organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with staff across departments, the University, and volunteers. We are looking for someone who is creative, flexible, and an innovative team player.
Additional Information:We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community that values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.eduDepartment:DARPre-Employment Screening:Identity Job Function:Alumni Affairs and Development, General AdministrationDuties & Responsibilities:The Major Gifts Coordinator provides the highest level of administrative support to the Senior Associate Director of Major Gifts and the Associate Director of Major Gifts to further the fundraising goals of the dean of the Graduate School of Education at Harvard University, and ensures the smooth execution of all activities for the Major Gifts team of the Development and Alumni Relations Office. This position is responsible for performing a wide range of duties to ensure smooth daily operations, effective administration, and clear communications. This person serves as a key administrative liaison for external and internal constituencies including alumni, donors, faculty, and development colleagues. Works independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment of multiple and changing priorities and anticipates and resolves problems.
• Performs all necessary support for two frontline major gift fundraisers including but not limited to: managing the officers’ calendars, confirming appointments, maintaining data and other portfolio management activities, making travel and accommodation plans, and reconciling officer and decanal expenses.
• Prepares meeting and briefing materials for Major Gifts Officers, senior leadership, faculty members, and the dean of HGSE. Assists with the coordination and execution of donor/prospect visits and other essential internal and external meetings.
• Serves as a liaison to the Dean's Office.
• Has direct responsibility for implementing and coordinating all logistics for small cultivation and stewardship events; drives and ensures appropriate follow-up.
• Enters all data (contact reports, tasks, visits, and biographic updates) on prospects into the Advance system in a timely manner. Responsible for updating donor records, data integrity, and data confidentiality.
• Collaborates with data operations team for all Major Gift related projects including but not limited to: list pulls, entering proposals, tasks, strategy notes, and other relevant data analytics. Maintains donor pipelines and data integrity.
• Works closely with the University’s Research team in managing requests related to research needs. Also assists officer in managing monthly Research meeting with meeting logistics, agenda preparation, and minutes.
• Participates, where appropriate, in the design of an overall strategy for department-wide initiatives, events and special projects. Effectively and professionally represents the Development and Alumni Relations Office and HGSE, as appropriate, in internal and external meetings.
• Works independently, with minimal supervision, as well as in a team.
• Performs other duties as required in response to the changing needs of the
department.School/Unit:Harvard Graduate School of Education EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.