Applied Materials Buyer IV - Hybrid in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Applied Materials is seeking to hire a strong senior level Buyer to join our procurement team to manage a commodity area of various suppliers and part families. This person will team up with and take direction from multiple Commodity Business Managers who are responsible for the overall performance and execution of their commodity area. This is a fast-paced environment and this workload will have a broad supply base with a reasonably high number of SKUs to manage. This is a full-time position located in our Gloucester, MA facility.
Required Skills and Experience
A minimum of 5-7 years of documented and proven supply chain procurement experience with demonstrated ability to operate with limited day to day direction.
Procurement in an SAP ERP environment is a must . SAP is the tool of choice for Applied Materials and knowledge in operating within this tool is critical.
A strong understanding of MRP and MRP execution is critical.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment are imperative.
The candidate should possess experience in handling routine negotiations, both on cost and delivery, and be comfortable pushing suppliers to execute to Applied Materials requirements.
Moderate comfort level working with Excel and some limited exposure to PowerPoint is required.
This position will report directly to one of our Supply Chain Managers.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Applied Materials Jobs