PPD Associate Scientist / Scientist - QC Analyst , PCR , ELISA in Cambridge, Massachusetts
*This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.*
*In labs and health care facilities worldwide- HERE WE ARE *
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD® Laboratories FSP. PPD® Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As an Associate Scientist/Scientist, you will support the customer’s Cell and Genetic Therapies team to help bring together the best biology, technologies, and enhanced manufacturing capabilities to ensure we bring these cutting-edge transformative therapies to patients as quickly as possible.
Additional key responsibilities for the role on site at a major pharmaceutical company:
- Follow the safety rules set up by the customer’s EHS
- Train on and execute routine analytical non GMP tests (mainly ddPCR and Capsid ELISA) for PD development samples in a laboratory setting
- Order, review, and maintain stocks of standard and critical reagents as required for testing schedules
- Be able to work with a flexible schedule based on workload
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well-being of our employees.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence - apply now!
*Education and Experience: *
- Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics, or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0-2-year industry experience) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
*Preferred Experience: *
- At least 1 year of relevant industry experience in the cell and/or gene therapy space
- Experience with the following assays: ddPCR/qPCR, RT-qPCR, SDS-PAGE, ELISA
- Experience with working on AAV vectors
- Experience with sample management and electronic lab notebook (ELN) systems
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: *
- Experience with sample management and ELN/LIMS systems strong preferred
- Hands-on experience with the following assays: ddPCR, qPCR, RT-qPCR, SDS-PAGE, and ELISA preferred
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory authority, compendia and ICH guidelines
- Ability to understand and independently apply GMPs and /or GLPs to everyday workaboutdocumentation and instrument use
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
*Working Environment: *
/PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:// // /
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD Defining Principles:* *
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Organization: *US BU
Title: Associate Scientist / Scientist - QC Analyst , PCR , ELISA
Location: MA-Cambridge-FSP4 Cambridge, MA
Requisition ID: 191818
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs