Nuance Director, Corporate FP&A in Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Summary: The Nuance Finance team is seeking a Director, Corporate FP&A in our Burlington office. This is a highly valued and critical role with responsibility to provide strategic finance support directly to the CEO, CFO and Senior Leadership across the company on enterprise-wide, business segment and functional planning, analysis, forecasting and reporting. We are looking for a person that is comfortable both participating in discussions to drive smart business decisions and is willing to roll up their sleeves to do financial analysis and reporting. The position requires a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and self-motivation to be accountable to deliverables and deadlines.
• Designing and leading the multi-year and annual operating planning process
• Pperationalizing the plan in Oracle Hyperion
• Developing the full P&L, revenue, bookings and cash flow guidance
• Designing and managing a company-wide bookings, revenue and expense forecasting process
• Designing and executing on expense and hiring controls to ensure plan achievement
• Engaging with business and sales leaders throughout the company to ensure forecast achievement
• Partnering with accounting to manage the monthly and quarterly close
• Developing and managing weekly, monthly and quarterly management reporting, analyzing trends and variances, assessing risks and communicating key messages to senior leadership
• Partnering with Investor Relations on drafting earnings materials and investor Q&A
• Supporting M&A diligence, synergies and integration
Number of Years of Work Experience: 12-15
• 12+ years of relevant experience including managerial experience. Comfort and demonstrated success operating in complex, global organizations.
• Demonstrated success in developing and executing financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes
• Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding – hunger for continuous learning
• Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous process improvement
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and strong business acumen.
• Ability to develop strong, trusted relationships at all levels within the organization.
• Track record of hiring, managing, and developing high-performing finance teams focused not only on strong financial analysis but also exceptional and willing business partnership.
• Expert level in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Hyperion (or equivalent) and BI tools
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting. Advanced degree and/or certification (MBA, MSF, MSA, CFA, CPA) preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
External Company URL: http://www.nuance.com/
- Nuance Jobs