Nuance Agile Strategist in Burlington, Massachusetts
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Nuance has re-organized its Healthcare division to increase alignment, reduce waste and bring teams closer to healthcare providers. Central to our transformation is adopting an economic approach to software development based on Lean principles. We will apply this approach to our hiring, training, team creation, work prioritization, DevOps and support activities.
Nuance is seeking a seasoned change agent to form and lead an Agile Center of Excellence that will drive the successive waves of our transformation.
The role is comprised of the following activity streams:
• Modeling workflows across teams and lines of business to identify waste and bottlenecks and then architecting processes tailored to address the identified issues
• Training executives on Lean/Agile principles and promoting a demand-based approach to backlog prioritization and WIP limits
• Coaching product owners, scrum masters and teams
• Defining key metrics and then selecting/deploying tools for data collection and metric presentation
• Auditing team compliance to principles and continuous improvement
The ideal candidate embodies the following traits and elicits the same from their colleagues:
• Servant leadership ꟷ you view Nuance as the “product” you are developing and your colleagues as your customers. Your goal is to nurture leaders and to promote ownership throughout the organization.
• Empathy ꟷ you are devoted to understanding the challenges teams are facing and to developing tailored solutions rather than applying generic templates
• Engagement ꟷ you are connected to the Lean/Agile community so that you learn from industry thought leaders and can enrich Nuance with diverse viewpoints and approaches
• Influence ꟷ you acknowledge that some colleagues will not understand or share your views. You embrace these challenges and work to incrementally evolve the organizational mindset by solving real problems and demonstrating measurable improvement.
• Deep knowledge of SDLCs obtained by serving as a software engineer, test engineer, scrum master, product owner, technical program manager or another similar role
• At least 8 years of experience with Agile frameworks and methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, XP
• Successful implementation of enterprise Agile frameworks: SAFe®, LeSS, DAD or Nexus™
• Experience coaching executives and teams as a program consultant or Agile coach
• Work experience involving healthcare applications is a plus; especially applications relevant to doctor/patient encounters, EHRs, medical coding, or documentation quality
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Metrics and Reporting
The role requires a data-driven mindset and the ability to demonstrate progress, as well as highlight deficiencies, through metrics. The candidate will define OKRs at the division, line of business and team levels. Metrics and dashboards will visualize:
• Current and longitudinal team health
• Velocity, cycle time and throughput
• Economic metrics demonstrating the benefits of automation, reduced WIP and improved outcomes
Training and Coaching
• Educate leaders on how to map their challenges to Lean/Agile solutions/tools, set goals and measure progress
• Instill a mindset founded on continuous improvement and customer-centric outcomes
• Use a “train the trainers” approach to develop an “agile coalition” of product owners and scrum masters who propagate Lean principles and identify intervention opportunities
• Form and lead Agile Communities of Practice (e.g. product owners, scrum master, etc.) to help promote collaboration and enhance skills and knowledge across the organization
• Partner with HR and line managers to evolve the hiring and onboarding processes
• Shift the performance review process from individuals to teams based on line of business OKRs
The role reports to the Sr. Director of the Healthcare Program Management Office. The role will hire and manage direct reports. Direct reports are likely Agile coaches, data analysts, training content creators and trainers. The role will also provide dotted line leadership to team members from HR, corporate training, customer success, finance and external consultants.
Desired Training and Certifications-
The following certifications are desirable:
• Certified Scrum Master
• Certified Agile Practitioner
• Certified Product Owner
• Certified SAFe Program Consultant
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
External Company URL: http://www.nuance.com/