Eversource Energy Senior Project Manager, Gas Operations in Brockton, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Independently manage high risk, large, complex gas projects in Connecticut and Massachusetts in a multi-external stakeholder environment to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget; and will work closely with management personnel in Gas Operations, Engineering Finance, Regulatory Relations, Legal, and Purchasing. Assigned projects are multi-discipline in nature, with multiple external stakeholders. In addition, projects are sensitive and have elevated financial exposure requiring direct communications with management. Primary duties will include overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of projects including the coordination of regulatory approvals and interface with regulators and local elected officials and town department managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and support systems; and insuring that all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Manages high risk, large, complex projects requiring close stakeholder interaction such as major complex gas main installations or expansion projects, intricate gas agreements, projects of high financial risk, or assigned to manage a specific portion of a major project to support the Manager or Director of Project Management.
- Acts as subject matter experts for Project Management policies and procedures.
- Provides written and oral presentation to management, local and state governmental agencies and outside organizations.
- Assigned projects are multi-discipline in nature, multi stakeholder involvement, and medium to high financial risk exposure profile requiring management reporting communications.
- Responsible to take the necessary action to see that the projects are completed efficiently, on time and within the established budget.
- Works closely with Eversource Energy Delivery personnel, Legal, Regulatory Relations, Purchasing, Communications and all Transmission Business functions to ensure project success.
- Integrates and manages a cross functional project team to develop appropriate project roles and responsibilities.
- Manages the team’s development of a comprehensive project plan, schedule, communications plan and establishes the change control methodology.
Manages execution of the project plan and project change control management process.
Coordinates the development of a detailed project budget and cash flow.
- Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of project scope, budgets and schedules
- Coordinates environmental assessment and the necessary regulatory approvals (federal, state and local) needed to begin construction.
- Manages the development and evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design, construction and test procurement of material and support systems.
- Manages project close out in a timely manner to support corporate business goals
- Takes a leadership role within the organization on group initiatives and process development
- Through understanding of Project Management principles and practices
- Demonstrated, through experience, very high standards of professional and project management competence.
- Proven, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex projects concurrently.
- Ability to professionally represent Eversource at municipal meetings providing project overviews and answering questions
- Ability to provide expert witness testimony at state, local and other regulatory proceedings, preferred
- Possesses highly developed communication skills, i.e., the ability to listen, write clearly and concisely, make presentations before management and external stakeholders, ability to discuss ideas and be persuasive, and able to work effectively with all levels within Eversource, government agencies and outside organizations.
- Ability to grasp concepts, analyze project information, determine facts, be sensitive to underlying issues, and make well thought out recommendations/decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information and be sensitive to Corporate and Gas Business’ strategic plans in formulating project decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferred), Finance, Business, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- Ten (10) plus years of related experience; to include at least three (3) years of Project Management experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Project Management Masters Certificate or Project Management Professional Certification, preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs