EJ Sales Representative in Brockton, Massachusetts
EJ has an immediate opening for a Sales Representative.
Generous Benefit Package that includes: Vacation & Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, 401K (with match), Life Insurance, etc.
About EJ: We are the leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of access solutions for water, sewer, drainage, telecommunications, and utility networks. We have a presence worldwide and our corporate headquarters is in East Jordan, Michigan.
The core strength of our business is our dedicated employees. Employees who embrace our values, understand the importance of relationships, and strive for excellence. Our values, which have been passed down for generations, are the essence of our company's identity and our guide for making decisions. Core values at EJ include, safety and security, honesty and integrity, environmental responsibility, respect for others, quality and excellence, and social responsibility.
EJ is a family owned company and remains one of the most stable, progressive, well-tooled manufacturing companies in the world.
Location: Brockton, Massachusetts
Promotes, specifies and sells products for manufacturer or distributor to business and industrial establishments or individuals at sales office, or customer's place of business by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and updates lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other sources.
- Strategically travels throughout assigned territory to call on current and prospective customers to solicit specifications and orders or talks with customer on sales floor or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained. Must have abilities to do material take-off from blue prints.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares all required reports of business transactions, sales progress and submits expense accounts, as required.
- Calls and follows up on engineering firms and municipalities to assist in specifications.
- Tracks projects through job lead publications and communicates this information to branch.
- Handles incoming phone calls from customers and suppliers.
- Makes service calls, upon customer request, to accomplish minor repairs to company products.
- Continually educates themselves on new and existing products to maintain effective knowledge.
- Provides direct customer communication when needed as it pertains to product use and application.
- Reviews existing products and customer specifications for up-to-date, cost-effective casting design. Works with other Engineering personnel on proposed design modifications. Submits revised designs for customer approval.
- Attends trade shows, meetings, expositions and conventions to make customer contacts which result in product sales.
- Maintains complete knowledge of EJ castings and water products, fabricated products and infra-risers, as well as EJ partner products produced by EJ in other regions.
- Promotes safety awareness, accident prevention, and employee involvement with regard to a safe work environment. Ensures employees understand the safety expectations of the organization.
- Promotes the company culture, the mission and vision, and the core values of the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled