Haemonetics Global Contracts, Compliance Management Leader in Braintree, Massachusetts
Title: Global Contracts, Compliance Management Leader
Location: United States-Massachusetts-Braintree
Job Number: 181111147
The Leader, Global Contracts and Compliance Management leads the team responsible for global contract administration and asset management. The position supports the preparation of bids; processes specifications, progress, and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information. This role collaborates with the Customer to Cash Global Process Owner in end to end process design, and is accountable for process execution, quality, cost, and customer satisfaction.
• Leads a team of contract managers and administrators in executing pricing strategies, evaluating the appropriate contract strategy, and executing hospital, distributor, corporate and GPO contracts.
• Oversees team’s management of contracts administration, monitors contract performance, analyzes trends, and tracks compliance. Provides guidance to Sales leadership, Corporate Account Managers, and Regional Finance Leaders while also mitigating Haemonetics’ risk.
• Owns and maintains corporate contract administration and asset management and other related policies Recommends and implements updates as appropriate to ensure efficient use of resources and effective use of technology.
• Determines departmental goals and objectives aligned with Haemonetics’ strategy.
• Manages contract compliance with standard operating procedures, legal templates, and company policies. Makes recommendations and modifications to operating policies and identifies potential training opportunities.
• Defines and establishes key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor contract performance globally
• Leads the execution of pricing strategies, strategy development in response to customer pricing requests and complying with the price governance process. Ensures requests are completed in a timely manner in accordance with pricing strategies, terms, and conditions. Ensures team provides robust and accurate pricing analysis as well as rationale behind pricing approvals to help facilitate positive outcomes in pricing discussions.
• Executes and monitors negotiated contracts from implementation to expiration to ensure accurate invoicing. Resolves pricing discrepancies and other related issues in support of the business.
• Partners with Field Leadership to identify areas of improvement and ensure alignment with sales strategies.
• Coordinates with multiple cross-functions teams regarding contract terms and assists in audits of contracts. Obtains all appropriate and necessary internal approvals for contract terms and conditions.
Required Bachelor's Degree Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance or related field
Required Other 7-years Business, Finance and/or Contracting experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Candidate Background: Skills, Knowledge & Ability: Minimum requirements:
Required 7-years Business, Finance and/or Contracting experience
Job: Customer Support & Services