Cisco ENGINEER.SOFTWARE/QA ENGINEERING in Boxborough, Massachusetts
Location: Boxborough, Massachusetts, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security
Job Id 1244219
As a Solutions Software Test Engineer, develop, execute and automate test cases for platforms and software for the Next Generation Firewall Products . Expertise in Layer2/Layer3 protocols, depth knowledge on operating systems say Linux, knowledge on Routing and Switching Protocols, Profinet with strong Python script development knowledge , as well as good communication skills and ability to work with a cross-functional and geographically diverse team is expected. Who You’ll Work With
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) and Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) are flagship products from the Security Business Group (SBG). ASA integrates award-winning Firewall services into a high-performance appliance. FTD is market leading Next-Generation IPS solution providing deep packet inspection capabilities integrating a lot L4-L7 security functions required by Enterprises and Service Providers. Though we take phenomenal pride in being the market leader for a long time, we are constantly innovating and improving our solutions to suit the changing needs of our customers. Our team works on leading edge security and threat mitigation solutions that are high-performing, scalable and easily manageable for these product lines. We collaborate with other groups within Cisco to interoperate with their products and build solution architectures.
We see before us the challenge of redefining the role and characteristics of the firewall in a cloud computing environment where all services and vital resources are virtualized. Internet applications, protocols and services are ever-changing as are the threats they face. Mission critical applications such as unified communications are used across the internet and are ever vulnerable to attacks. The next generation of firewalls has to be both applications and user-identity aware. These groundbreaking technologies enable the product lines to have finer transparency and control on who is doing what. The source of a packet stream is no longer a cryptic and evasive IP address, but a verified user.
• Linux hands-on experience
• Strong Scripting experience in Python, Perl
• Knowledge on machine learning, AI test tools, UI automation tools
• Strong expertise on L2/L3 technologies. LAN (Ethernet, VLAN, 802.1q/.1p, QinQ, IGMP etc) / WAN (DHCPv4/v6, PIM, NAT etc)
• Experience in routing protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IP services (QoS, NAT etc) and L2/L3 VPNs
• Experience in writing test plans, designing test cases, executing test cases, and automation
• Working experience with test tools like traffic analyzers (e.g., Sniffer, Ethereal) and traffic generation tools (e.g., Smartbits, Ixia)
• Prior hands-on experience in setting up test labs and configuration
• Familiarity with software release process
• Develop topology based on test requirements and setting up the test bed
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills are essential
• Good troubleshooting skills .
• Commitment to customer success is key to this role
• CCNA is desireable
• 1+ years of related experience, Individual contributor role
• CCNA or other Cisco Certification is a plus
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.