Cisco Cloud Platform Engineering Lead in Boxborough, Massachusetts
Have you ever had a poor customer experience and thought of a million ways in which it could be improved? Have you ever empathized with those whose job it is to deliver customer experience and imagined how, if properly empowered and motivated, the overall service delivery experience could be better? If so, we want to talk.
In the Cisco Customer Journey Solutions R&D group, we are passionate about delivering amazing experiences to both customers and employees. We believe software can truly change the world and how it gives and receives customer service and it is our mission to be the leader in this space. To enable this vision, we are looking for a passionate, smart, and motivated Cloud Platform Engineering Lead.
As Lead Platform Engineer, you will:
- Drive the technical design and implementation for our vision of a super reliable, performant, and scalable multi-cloud platform.
- Work closely with Solution and Product Architects and Staff Engineers to ensure the best patterns and practices are used to design industry-leading reliability of our software applications and services.
- Help recruit world-class cloud engineers and collaborate with and mentor our high performing team of cloud platform engineers.
- Influence the direction of product development decisions and partner with peer groups to execute on a complete vision for market leadership and industry excellence.
In this role, you will work with:
- Software Engineers and Managers within our product development teams to ensure their software runs to the best of its ability and when it doesn’t, enlighten them on ways they can improve its operational design, so it can.
- Fellow Site Reliability Engineers from across Cisco to collaborate and share technology and best practices for highly secure and reliable cloud services.
- Technical Program Managers and Engineers from leading public cloud vendors to stay on the leading edge of capabilities that can further our ability to deliver our software and platform services anywhere.
To get this job, you will need:
- A passion for automation and solving large-scale, mission-critical problems and a love and respect for the millions of daily users that rely on our software.
- 10 or more years of experience as a system engineer developing mission critical systems for enterprises, particularly in public cloud environments.
- Expert-level programming and scripting expertise in Java, Python, Bash, Golang or other relevant languages. Golang expertise strongly preferred.
- Deep expertise and an insatiable interest in application containers and runtimes such as Docker and Docker Engine and deploying/running them on a container orchestration platform such as Kubernetes; experience with Amazon EKS, GKE, or AKS a plus.
- Experience developing, testing, and deploying to public cloud infrastructures such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Deep expertise with monitoring and alerting systems such as ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK) or similar tools.
- Experience with high-throughput messaging technologies and patterns; Apache Kafka and related technologies a plus. Microservices and event-driven architecture experience is a plus.
- Experience with Git source control and building/maintaining Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines; Jenkins experience a plus.
- Experience with modern configuration management tools and practices such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum-inspired delivery methodology.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Cisco Jobs