BlackBerry Corporation Worldwide Channel Communications & Experience Senior Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
Location: Open to North America
Today, BlackBerry® is a transformed company. We’re no longer about the smartphone, what we once did for smartphones is what we’re now doing for Enterprise of Things
(EoT) – envisioning, enabling and securing new forms of communication that are connecting the business world in extraordinary new ways. We have the most complete and advanced end-to-end solutions to enable EoT, and our ideas lead the way in the hottest markets like cybersecurity, SaaS, neural networks and autonomous vehicles.
BlackBerry is looking for a creative, experienced and energetic channel communications professional who is excited to tell the new BlackBerry story across the channel ecosystem.
This highly impactful role with report into Sr. Director of GTM and Partner Experience, he/she will work closely with WW VP of Channel Sales, WW Partner Marketing, corporate communications, corporate events, and leading channel thought leadership entities like CRN and others to develop the communications strategy, content and overall execution through various touchpoints including digital, blogs, social media, newsletters and various publications.
The Worldwide Channel Communications & Experience Senior Manager role is responsible for the communication strategy of owning, planning, creating, & launching an impactful global partner communications program. Our mission is to efficiently engage our global partners at scale throughout the Partner Lifecycle (recruit, onboard, enable, activate and retain) to increase transparency, drive loyalty and improve overall partner NPS.
Success of partner communication activities is based on the ability to reach the appropriate partner audience with the most effective message at the right time and measured by driving partner awareness, loyalty and improving partner NPS.
This passionate individual will proactively lead, orchestrate and land our “to Partner” communications strategy for the diverse BlackBerry global partner ecosystem which is in varying stages of maturity across the globe. This leader will develop a scalable framework to ensure both consistency in our global messaging and calls-to-action as well as flexibility to personalize communications based upon region, partner type and persona. Individuals in this role must be able capture the BlackBerry voice in partner events, programs, and corporate communications workstreams.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the partner ecosystem to effectively develop strong partner messaging focused on “What’s in it for the Partner” business value.
- Develop programs to monitor partnership satisfaction and improvement opportunities with BlackBerry partner sales and marketing support
- Establish overall partner communication strategy, plan, and metrics that support the business strategy and priorities
- Develop and internal and external approach for segmented communications delivering the right message to targeted groups
- Develop and maintain executive partner sponsor program / partner advisory and annual partner survey to measure partner loyalty
- “To Partner” Communications Lead: You’ll directly lead, or actively contribute to, a variety of partner touchpoints to engage our partners, including www.blackberry.com partner newsletters and email nurtures, blogs, social media and messages delivered through Partner Sales.
- Evangelist: Responsible for the partner-facing communications, this leader will help support programs, new launches, events both with external partners and internal teams.
- Partner with corporate communications extended teams to ensure consistent messaging in support of company’s corporate strategy
- Understand industry, organization and functional partner perceptions and communication needs with a focus on delivering what partners need.
- To Partner Events: Serve as the communications / messaging lead for virtual and in-person partner events (Partner SKO, Partner Advisory Roundtables, etc.). This role will collaborate with senior leadership & capture the story to develop keynotes, thought leadership pieces and messaging strategies to excite and energize partners.
Partner PR/AR and Social Media Strategy: In partnership with our Corporate Communications, Product Marketing, Digital and Partner Sales Leadership, develop Social Media strategy and drive and maintain presence in this space and manage a calendar and content syndication process across BlackBerry owned digital properties and traditional platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.).
We’re looking for someone with: o Experience Minded: Identifies with and understands how a partner thinks and looks to highlight the “why” to the partner audience. Captures the BlackBerry story and drives a stronger value proposition with the partners. o Storyteller and Strong Communicator: Comfortable writing copy decks, keynote blueprints, web page content and even doing partner video to capture live success stories. Skilled at translating technical and business concepts into clear, concise messaging assets. o Growth Mindset: Is passionate about the cybersecurity industry and the challenges our customers are trying to solve with our technology. Gathers and analyzes information or data on current and future trends or best practices. Asks questions to understand the “why” behind the message.
- What you bring to the team: o Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business or related field o +7-8yrs experience in communications & marketing role preferably in tech industry with company that sells thru or with partners. o Strong writing, editing, proofreading skill set with the ability to present concepts verbally, written, video and via social media o Ability to assess, plan and organize many activities at once o Understanding of a broad range of marketing activities and disciplines o Strong collaboration and relationship building skills o Excellent time management and communication skills o High energy and passion with a “can do” attitude o Social media knowledge preferred o Executes with urgency o Power user of Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must
Job Family Group Name: Marketing & Communications
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
- BlackBerry Corporation Jobs