Microsoft Corporation US Health and Life Sciences, Strategic Sales Director in Boston, Massachusetts
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The US Health & Life Sciences, Strategic Sales Director is leading Strategic account teams to accelerate revenue growth, drive business outcomes, helping customers to digitally transform in the Healthcare industry – specifically in the Provider vertical.
The US Health & Life Sciences, Strategic Sales Director will be responsible for the following:
Growth & Transformation business leader and Customer Advocate: Ensure each of the 3 Strategic Healthcare customers has the most valuable relationship with Microsoft and execute MS vision of empowering enterprise customers, driving business growth and transformation through strategic thinking, sales execution and influence.
Coach Strategic Account Teams: The ATU Director is a consummate coach of the teams, and helps them form the strategic account plan, which is a constantly evolving and developing set of strategies for the account.
Business Innovator: Implement an agile, adaptative and growth mindset leadership that responds to customer demands and competition.
Sales Leader: Lead sales execution to deliver a predictable, healthy and compliant enterprise business, in customer satisfaction, billed revenue and consumption.
People Leader: Build and develop effective, diverse and inclusive teams where employees can do their best work and deliver exceptional results.
- Leads the development and application of a mature/dynamic multi-year customer plan detailing critical insights and new business opportunities aligned to customer priorities. Leads and coordinates a diverse and high-performing team and key stakeholders (e.g., industry experts) on plan execution (e.g., prioritization, delegation) and drives accountability to deliver on account plans and grow the account. Anticipates future needs by incorporating the 3 Horizons Model into account planning and leverages resources equally across the 3 Horizons, as well as provides long-term strategic insight to customers as a trusted partner.
- Leverages partnerships with leaders (e.g., C-level executives, board members) and decision makers of the assigned account, the broader ecosystem, and within other areas of their hierarchy to reimagine and shape long-term strategic business direction, digital capabilities, revenue streams, etc. Connects appropriate internal executives and partners to build strategic relationships, leveraging deep knowledge of customer business and ecosystem (e.g., customers, competitors, partners). Conducts ongoing executive mapping exercises to ensure alignment across key internal and external groups.
- Leverages deep relationships with key customer contacts and participates in customer feedback mechanisms (both formal and informal) regarding ways to acquire, retain, and grow more of their business for their customers. Identifies and understands the drivers of satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction, leveraging in-depth industry knowledge and anticipating perspectives of the final customer.
- Partners with internal industry experts (e.g., with industry solutions executives) to strengthen knowledge of the industry (e.g., emerging trends, forecasting long-term developments, influencers), competitors (e.g., Amazon Web Services [AWS], Salesforce) customer business priorities (e.g., challenges, competitive landscape) and leverages in-depth knowledge of Microsoft's offerings (e.g., product landscape, solutions, strategy to address customers needs) to provide thought leadership and mentor the account management team on ways to gain deeper industry knowledge that ultimately addresses customer needs. Proactively explores and uncovers technologies and confirms customer interest, and has an understanding of where Microsoft may not be able to compete, and how key customer competitors compete within their respective space.
Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, or technology related field AND 8+ years of experience in Sales, Advertising, or Marketing and/or driving business growth or customer digital transformation, sales management, or leadership
OR Master's Degree in Business Administration Degree in Sales, Marketing, or related field AND 6+ years of experience in Sales, Advertising, or Marketing and/or driving business growth or customer digital transformation, sales management, or leadership
OR equivalent experience.
3+ years people management experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, or technology related field AND 12+ years of experience in Sales, Advertising, or Marketing and/or driving business growth or customer digital transformation, sales management, or leadership
OR Master's Degree in Business Administration degree in Sales, Marketing, or related field AND 8+ years of experience in Sales, Advertising, or Marketing and/or driving business growth or customer digital transformation, sales management, or leadership
OR equivalent experience.
4+ years experience in a global technology company
Strong sales and business background centered on cloud computing and software technologies (Microsoft cloud, software and devices technology preferred) combined with deep understanding of key Healthcare industry solutions and competitive technologies.
7+ years of related experience: Sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies, leadership roles in multi-tiered global organizations, selling and delivering complex solutions to enterprise customers
Meaningful non-Microsoft prior work experience at one of the following: one or more of our Enterprise customers driving digital transformation within, Consulting or Services company such as McKinsey, Accenture, SAP, or the equivalent; Competing Cloud and software companies, particularly Oracle, IBM, SalesForce.com, AMZN
Strong leadership & interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
Experience in working with an managing a partner ecosystem – preferably in the Healthcare industry.
Talent attractor: Proven history attracting and developing new leaders
Proven track record and experience leading organizational transformations while delivering on long- and short-term results
Strategic leadership with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth and consumption)
Embody “we-before-me” mindset
Demonstrated ability to understand how to run business and commercial models (including, but not limited to, portfolio management, P&L ownership, business planning)
Experienced in complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.), sales methodologies (equivalent to MSP), broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis, industry knowledge
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $146,100 and $216,500. At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs