Lundbeck Strategic Access and Reimbursement Manager- East in Boston, Massachusetts
Strategic Access and Reimbursement Manager- East
Requisition ID: 1665
Boston, Massachusetts, US
Date: Feb 19, 2021
At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health so every person can be their best. Headquartered in Copenhagen with a U.S. home office in Deerfield, Ill., Lundbeck is the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. Our legacy in neuroscience goes back seven decades and we have a long heritage of innovation. Lundbeck has developed and commercialized some of the world’s most widely prescribed therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders. Today, we remain uncompromisingly committed to improving the quality of life for people impacted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep and productive pipeline, and we continue to bring forward symptomatic therapies to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments.
East Region- States covered: ME, VT, NH, NY, RI, MA, CT, PA, NJ, DE, VA, WV, MD, KY, IN, TN, NC, SC, GA, FL
Open to candidates who reside within the region
The Strategic Access and Reimbursement Manager (SARM) works to optimize access to care for patients prescribed Lundbeck products. The SARM is a field-based position on the Market Access Team. This individual will collaborate with the Market Access home office and field teams, Sales teams and Brand teams to support patient access and/or reduce barriers to access for prescribed Lundbeck products within their assigned Region (East, Central, West).
Subject to applicable compliance guidelines, this individual will work interdependently with their cross-functional stakeholders (Field Sales, Field Reimbursement Team, Marketing, Market Access roles, Government Affairs, Trade, Patient Support Team (Hub) and applicable third-party affiliates) to support patient access working with customer accounts including but not limited to physician offices, hospital clinics, and alternative sites of care (ASOCs).
The SARM is the point of contact for escalations for more complex reimbursement issues or questions at the patient’s site of care after the Field Reimbursement Specialist (FRS) Leads have exhausted their escalation process through the FRS Field Directors. In compliance with Lundbeck customer-interaction SOP guidelines, the SARM also responds to requests from customers for background information and engagement with Lundbeck senior leadership, as necessary.
• Assess access opportunities and challenges within the assigned geography and develop strategic plans focused on addressing potentially complicated reimbursement needs.
• Build trust and relationships within internal & external stakeholders by acting as a subject matter expert on all aspects of reimbursement and coverage by providing compliant and appropriate solutions and strategies.
• For more complicated customer reimbursement questions and potential access barriers, develop strategies to support a seamless process to facilitate successful patient access within accounts.
• Responsible for collaborating with Field Based Payer Market Access Team (RAM/NAM/SAM) to identify specific patient coverage access challenges and/or other access related payer trends
• Actively monitor, identify, and communicate reimbursement requirements and environmental / policy changes set forth by government, federal and managed care organizations.
• Work with internal cross-functional partners (Market Access & Payer Marketing):
• To assist in development of strategy, tactics
• Provide input in development of Market Access resources for use with customers
• To implement and execute compliant Market Access informational programs for customers.
• Identify and be point of contact for speakers for Lundbeck internal Brand and Field meetings
• Liaise with internal cross-functional partners (e.g. Market Access, Sales, & Brand Team) by providing key market insights and competitive intelligence
• Help inform channel strategy with engagement with ASOCs & Home Infusion organizations
• Ensures timely follow-up that demonstrates urgency to both the account and the patient.
• Identifies issues quickly and can develop recommendations to resolve in a timely, compliant manner.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
• Accredited Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of pharmaceutical, biotech or healthcare industry experience
• 3+ years in a reimbursement management role
• Must reside within a state covered by the region
• Experience leading and delivering presentations to executive leadership within customer accounts
• Substantial knowledge of procurement through Specialty Distributors, Group Purchasing Organizations and Specialty Pharmacy.
• Strong knowledge of buy-and-bill billing and reimbursement pathway.
• Understanding of patient privacy laws including HIPAA and similar state laws
• Advanced understanding of compliance with OIG & regulatory requirements.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
• MBA, MS, MHA in Healthcare area, or RN Preferred
• 2+ years of experience working with infusion products
• Strong ability to work cross functionally with such functions as Field Sales, Marketing, Market Access (Payer teams), Public Affairs, State & Government Affairs, Trade, Specialty Pharmacy Account Management and applicable third-party affiliates.
• Demonstrated and successful account management experience, such as ability to navigate large institutions, influence map, evaluate system processes and opportunities
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and not having set processes and structures in place
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrates strong emotional intelligence.
• Willingness/Ability to travel up to 80% domestically. International travel may be required.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in brain diseases. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of neuroscience research. We are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best.
Millions of people worldwide live with brain diseases, and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement, and other unnecessary consequences. Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with brain diseases – we call this Progress in Mind.
Read more at www.lundbeck.com/global/about-us/progress-in-mind
Our approximately 5,800 employees in more than 50 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing, and sales. Our pipeline consists of several R&D programs, and our products are available in more than 100 countries. We have research centers in Denmark and the US, and our production facilities are located in Denmark, France, and Italy. Lundbeck generated revenue of DKK 17 billion in 2019 (EUR 2.3 billion; USD 2.6 billion).
For additional information, we encourage you to visit our corporate site www.lundbeck.com, and connect with us on Twitter at @Lundbeck and via LinkedIn.
- Lundbeck Jobs