Cabot Corporation Sr. Sales Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Provides commercial leadership for the assigned regional accounts and market segments. Plans and implements sales to regional commodity accounts and North American semi-specialty and specialty products accounts within the Cabot Plastics portfolio, developing and executing market segment tactical plans, developing and maintaining relationships, identifying new opportunities, growing our business portfolio and managing overall account and market segment activities.
*This position can be located anywhere in the US. We are not requiring anyone to relocate for this role but you must be located close to a major airport.
• Develops and implements regional account and market segment strategies using a broad understanding of Cabot’s capabilities. Negotiates and administers customer contracts to maximize profitability. Provides commercial leadership and coordinate specific marketing, manufacturing, and quality actions related to these accounts and market segments to meet customer’s needs.
• Drive both current and future value for Cabot by building a shared understanding of the individual customer, market segment and overall portfolio profitability and focus on where Cabot can differentiate itself at the interface with the customer.
• Develops broad contacts throughout the customer’s organization and in the assigned market segments through person to person interactions and active participation in market specific events such as tradeshows, conferences and product specifying organizations. Maintains customer profiles for competitive and market segment analysis. Represents accounts and Cabot internally and externally to the highest professional standards. Understands and responds to customer needs for existing and new products (i.e. pricing, product selection, material availability and quality).
• Travels where and as often as needed to meet customers in person and to attend tradeshows, conferences and seminars.
• . Facilitates, coordinates and manages Cabot communications with the customer and professional organizations.
• Monitors competitive activity, including product positioning, names, performance and pricing in each account and market segment and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and Cabot value propositions are developed and updated.
• Monitors accounts receivable to meet corporate initiatives and handles daily account issues which can not be resolved by the Accounts Receivables team alone.
• Assists in developing the business case for key customer and market segment programs such as continuous improvement, quality, new product service initiatives and capital investments.
• Provides business perspective to management of accounts and market segments via regulars reports On an as needed basis.
• Consistent use of Salesforce.com for maintaining up to date “living documents.
• Maintains proper documentation of travel and customer entertainment expenses, submits expense reports on time and adheres to Cabot travel and other applicable policies
• Other tasks as may be assigned by management from time to time
• Technical Excellence. Knowledgeable about Cabot’s Specialty Compounds technical capabilities, the applications in which they perform and how they complement performance in the customers’ applications
• Commercial Skills. Knowledgeable of the markets and applications in which our products add value, and able to effectively capture the value. Willing and able to further enhance commercial skills through formal and informal training.
• New Business Development Skills. Well versed in attracting new accounts in the market segments and region assigned. Creating profitable, sustainable growth rapidly is key. High double digit annual growth is expected.
• Communications & Presentation Skills. Ability to effectively engage in verbal and written communications that are timely, direct, concise, clear and relevant and delivered with appropriate style and tone. Responsiveness is key in the service driven Specialty Compounds market.
• Customer Relationship Management. Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with customers to enable execution of Cabot’s strategic goals; sees the management of the overall customer relationship as a key component of the role
• Results Driven. Takes ownership and responsibility for achieving a desired result. Planning, organizing, prioritizing and monitoring to ensure the attainment of business objectives
• Business Savvy. Knowledgeable about all functional elements that are important for business profitability. Able to ‘talk business’ at high levels.
• New Opportunity Advancement. Ability to utilize knowledge of Cabot’s capabilities to develop, recognize and advance opportunities where Cabot can provide solutions to customer needs and obtain new business
• Creative Problem Solving. Apply analytical thinking to identify potential solutions to problems; is able to be innovative in identifying new solutions
• Bachelor/University degree in engineering.
• Minimum five years experience in sales and account management in the plastics industry
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and place high value in creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive, and advance. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: 2020-9350
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com