Jacobs Sr Hydraulic Modeler/Water Resource Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a rewarding career working with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. Our New England Team provides professional services for water and wastewater treatment and conveyance, water resources and stormwater management, environmental and planning, highway and roadway design, and traffic management, just to name a few.
We are looking for a water resource engineer to perform cross market coordination and lead specialized engineering assignments in hydrology and hydraulics, floodplain management, and other stormwater design projects. The employee will work alongside our New England team to perform the following tasks:
• Contribute and lead multi-discipline teams to deliver world class projects.
• Perform data collection, analysis, design, technical studies, prepare reports and perform quality control and quality assurance associated with drainage and flood control related components for transportation and public works projects.
• Prepare and/or review hydrology and hydraulic models, design calculations, hydraulic reports, design plans and technical specifications, mitigation site designs, and floodplain analyses.
• Effectively lead project tasks and project teams with diverse technical skill sets and geographic locations.
• Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and work in a fast-paced consulting environment.
• Work to build a cooperative partnership between the client, agencies, subcontractors, and all stakeholders to ensure overall success of the projects.
• Collaborate on and contribute to maintaining and building strong client relationship.
• Assist with business development and marketing efforts to help grow the business with both existing and new clients
• Drive health and safety in all aspects of project execution including field, office and personal environments.
As an integral member of our New England team, you'll work on technically challenging problems involving drainage, floodplain/floodway delineation, detention pond design, reservoir routing, levee design, urban drainage systems design, sheet flow analysis and flood mitigation. You’ll have the opportunity to mentor EITs and designers.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated teammate to support local and regional clients. Join us and we’ll continue to develop your skills as you explore all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor of Science in Civil/Water Resources Engineering or related engineering field
• Substantial years of relevant engineering experience related to performance of water resources, drainage, hydrology and hydraulics design related projects
• Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Word, and PowerPoint
• Experience with HEC programs, PC-SWMM
• Experience in Scour analysis and scour countermeasure design for bridge projects
• Knowledge of design software such as StormCAD, Pond Pack, or equivalent design software
• Working knowledge of FEMA NFIP Regulations and related analyses/procedures
• MicroStation and AutoCAD working knowledge with LiDAR data, 3-D surfaces, and datum adjustments
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to lead and work with multi-disciplinary teams on complex infrastructure projects
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Masters of Science in Civil/Water Resources Engineering or related engineering field
• Years of related experience in water/wastewater industry
• Demonstrated experience with project management, staff management, and/or business development
• Recent experience working with clients in the New England market
• Current CT, ME, or RI PE or ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
- Jacobs Jobs