The Computer Merchant, Ltd. Sr. Front End Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
Reference # : 18-02333 Title : Sr. Front End Engineer Category: Information Technology
Position Type : Right to Hire Experience Level : 5 Years Start Date / End Date : 08/10/2018 / 02/09/2019
Description Job Title: Sr. Front End Engineer
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: 6+ month contract
As part of the Enterprise IT team and for Investment Business Unit, we are looking for a strong Senior Front End Engineer who will be responsible for supporting, developing and enhancing our brand new Investment Website. This Website was launched in production recently and is built on a number of latest technologies, is mobile compatible and built on responsive design.
The individual will be closely working and collaborating with our Marketing Team, UX Designers, Product and Content Author and his own IT team with onshore and offshore developers. The individual will be working with the Backend AEM development team very closely as the site is built on AEM backend Technology.
• Develop clean, maintainable, readable code that is scalable and secure. Participate in design and code reviews to ensure the same.
• Understand and implement cross-browser compatibility
• Design and develops pages, templates and components with which a content author interacts to build the desired user experience as communicated by the product owners
• Develop choices around component design to promote re-use with the flexibility needed for cross-site teams to create an experience that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Promote and advance the use of site-wide style guides and template development
• Resolve issues surrounding performance, response times, capacity and system limitations.
• Development and presentation of POCs/ prototypes to a large audience and key partners of Product as and when require
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblock
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
• UI development skills with a strong portfolio; up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies
• 3+ years web development experience working on Backbone framework, Angular, Angularjs, Nodejs and Bootstrap
• 3+ years of experience using tools Backbone Marionette, jquery and gulp
• Working knowledge of source control systems such as GIT or SVN and of agile development practices
• 3+ years of working experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively; experience in building prototype; experiment with new technologies
• Willingness to work with team members; able to coach, participate in code reviews, share skills and methods
NICE TO HAVE/DEFINITE EDGE:
• Working knowledge with AEM Backend Technologies and experience in working Infrastructure in Cloud Environment
• Working knowledge with agile tools like Jira or Rally
TCM is an EEO/Vets/Disabled Employer.