Schneider Electric Software Technical Lead in Boston, Massachusetts
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Lead and guide 3 to 4 software developers.
- Prioritize and assign the tasks for team members. Track the progress of the assigned tasks.
- Review the team members day to day work (code, documents)
- Work with architect in creating detailed design documents.
- Work with project Manager / scrum master in creating release schedules.
- Evaluate product requirements for operational feasibility and create detailed specifications based on user stories
- Design and implement robust , highly reliable, scalable, secure microservices
- Write clean, efficient, high quality, secure, testable, maintainable code based on specifications.
Coordinate with stakeholders (Product Owner, Scrum master, Architect, Quality and DevOps teams) to ensure successful execution of the project
Comply with project plans, coding standards and industry standards
Create the necessary technical documents
Gather the user feedback, evaluate the feedback and recommend and execute improvements
This job might be for you if:
- 9+ years of proven work experience in developing Software Developer. Minimum 2 years of experience in leading 3 to 4 software developers, Minimum 5 years of experience in developing RESTful API’s and 3 years of experience working AWS, Azure services
- Bachelors Engineering degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience with AWS services / Azure services. AWS and/or Azure certification is a plus.
- Should be comfortable with writing code in Java programming or NodeJs and with writing scripts in multiple languages including Python, Bash and Ruby
- Experience with CI/CD. Hands on experience with containers - Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Excellent knowledge of No SQL databases, ORM frameworks
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Proficiency in using software engineering tools
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent delegation skills.
Excellent communication skills, time management, attention to detail, team-player mindset, positive attitude are key to thrive in this role
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts-Boston
Unposting Date: Jul 1, 2019, 5:59:00 PM
Req ID: 005CQS