State Street Software Quality Assurance Engineer AVP in Boston, Massachusetts
We're looking for talented, experienced software QA engineer with solid functional skills and a passion for testing software for Client Server applications. The position covers many roles related to testing our Foreign Exchange trading and settlement and reporting platforms. The person will be coordinating with development, writing test cases, executing tests, helping build our automated testing tools and scripts, working with a remote QA team, helping support our QA environment, and of course actually doing various levels of testing the products. The position is located at our Boston, MA location. Excellent benefits, flexible work environments with state of the art technology and very lucrative compensation.
- Analyze Customer requirements and design effective test cases to meet those.
- Work closely with team members and with other teams to ensure quick resolution of Customer reported issues.
- Write, review and implement test plans and test cases (both manual and automated).
- Take ownership of product modules, QA effort estimation and perform the required testing for all software modification
- Work with Operations team to resolve production issues as needed.
- Document all Test artifacts including Test Cases, Test Plans in the Test Case Management System
- Research technologies and methodologies which will improve our test practices
- 5+ years’ experience in Software QA, working preferably on Forex trading apps, Experience with large, complex business applications (distributed systems) a plus
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience acceptable.
- Very strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask several responsibilities
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle especially in Agile
- Experience with web services, REST, SOAP, XSLT, XSD, and XML.
- Experience with and understanding of databases (Oracle, SQL) is a must.
- Experience with FIX or SWIFT would be a definite plus.
- Experience testing order management systems is a plus
- Experience with Web Services testing
- Familiarity with UNIX or Linux and Windows operating systems, Must be comfortable using standard UNIX utilities to do testing and identify issues.
- Strong working knowledge of software build and release management processes such as maintaining QA environment would be a plus.
- Self-motivated, quick learner and creative problem solver, organized, and responsible team player
Experience with automation tools and/or experience with scripting would be a plus.
Posted 5 Days Ago
- Full time