Morgan Stanley Senior Operations Specialist (VP) in Boston, Massachusetts
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) is a leader in the global investment management business. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
MSIM's Operations Group (IM Operations) serves the Firm's portfolio managers and associated teams by providing high quality support through excellence in processing, reporting, and management of strategic initiatives. The Regulatory Transaction Reporting team is responsible for ensuring MSIM meets their regulatory obligations across several regulatory transaction reporting regimes including EMIR, MiFID II TR, MiFID II PTTR, SFTR, MAS and ASIC. The team has a presence in Mumbai and London and Boston.
The candidate will join the London-and-Boston-based Regulatory Transaction Reporting team, focusing on MSIM's daily submissions across all supported regimes, and overseeing the roles performed in India, UK, and US. The role requires extensive collaboration with colleagues and third parties to ensure compliance and reaction to regulatory and organizational change. The candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills, a high attention to detail, creative thinking, and the ability to self-motivate and challenge the perceived norm.
- Oversee the offshore and onshore Reporting teams. Review and submit daily Transaction Reporting files in accordance with MiFIR, EMIR, SFTR, MAS and ASIC regulatory rules and guidelines.
- Liaise with the Operations and Trade teams to resolve post-trade discrepancies
- Conduct and follow up on validation testing and reconciliations to ensure reporting accuracy and completeness
- React to regulator responses and rejections in a timely manner in order to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Produce daily management and monthly KRI statistics
- Ensure all procedural documentation is up to date and accurate
- Design and implement controls within the firm regulatory reporting framework
- Work proactively with counterparts across the bank, to ensure consistency, share knowledge and make recommendations for process improvement
- Actively partake in industry forums, working groups and vendor meetings to share ideas and continue to evolve our regulatory solutions.
- Partner with Risk, Legal, Compliance and internal working groups to review and on-board new regulatory requirements.
- Act as IM Operations Subject Matter Expert with respect to regulations and managing change
- Manage implementation of organizational, system, and regulatory changes to regulatory reporting
- Partner with internal business units and external third parties to design and implement changes and enhancements to the reporting process
- Using strong business sense and judgement, identify potential risk areas making appropriate recommendations and highlighting risk via the appropriate escalation channels
- Proven investment management operations experience preferred
- Buy-side asset management experience
- Investment product and derivative instrument knowledge
- Prior experience working in the supported regulatory reporting regimes (EMIR, SFTR, MIFID II, ASIC and MAS)
- Experience of regulatory project management / project implementation or regulatory reporting
- Overall experience in hands-on team management and project management. Agile experience is a plus.
- Ability to lead and drive initiatives independently
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to report to and manage senior stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, quality, and accuracy
- Ability to analyze and break down complex requirements
- Demonstrated success working in a high intensity environment and an ability to close out issues promptly
- Strong risk awareness
- Strong business sense and excellent judgement
- Proven record of collaborating with colleagues across geographic and functional boundaries
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take ownership, and challenge conventional wisdom
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Role is Hybrid and will require in office attendance 3 days/week. #LI-Hybrid
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.
Title: Senior Operations Specialist (VP)
Requisition ID: 3214158