Morgan Stanley Senior Marketing Manager-Eaton Vance in Boston, Massachusetts
This role is responsible for RIA/MFO specific marketing strategy and programs targeting RIA and MFO contacts. This includes planning, development, communication, execution and measurement of all related marketing programs and initiatives with related experience in positioning alternative investments to the RIA and MFO market. The role requires a thorough understanding of RIA/MFO firm structure, priorities and sales process as well as deep knowledge of the investment strategies, resources, sales process and priorities for the suite of strategies represented across the organization including Morgan Stanley Investment Management, Parametric, Calvert, Eaton Vance Management and Atlanta Capital Management.
You will work in a client-focused environment as a business partner to the RIA/MFO team to leverage marketing capabilities to optimize virtual and in person touch points. The role of marketing is to increase awareness and deliver consistent messaging during the client prospecting, acquisition and retention processes.
Marketing resources include Relationship Marketing, Editorial, Design, eBusiness, Event Planning, Print and Production and Public Relations. Business partners include Sales Management, Product Management, Advisor Institute, Legal and Compliance.
This position leads by influence and orchestrates all aspects of marketing campaigns as assigned.
- Partner with RIA/MFO Sales Management and Channel Marketing Management to create marketing campaigns for impact. Identify tools and tactics to establish a consistent cadence of information delivery.
- Create and execute an events strategy with a focus on pre/during/post events management with a particularly focus on client engagement measurement for targeted follow-up and future event improvement.
- Create collateral including pitchbooks, brochures, analytics, thought leadership and newsletters.
- Know and remain educated on channel priorities and initiatives. Contribute ideas and insights to opportunistically align best firm talent, information and content with appropriate firm opportunities.
- Establish an alternatives marketing strategy partnering with Sales Management on the expansion of this new Morgan Stanley Investment Management capability to the RIA/MFO market
- Communicate priorities across Marketing and lead the planning and execution of marketing solutions.
- Champion marketing initiatives and manage client expectations through ongoing communication to all stakeholders regarding strategy, status and results of all marketing initiatives.
- Provide project management for your clients’ projects.
- Create clear metrics and report results.
- Seek ongoing feedback and assess client service levels using all available resources.
- Develop the confidence of and maintain strong relationships with multiple department managers and their teams – Product Management, Relationship Marketing, Editorial, Design, Compliance/Legal, Sales Management, Sales, eBusiness, Print and Production. Act as resource.
- Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of the business and the marketplace to better support assigned firms and contacts to provide insight into ways to improve the business. Attend staff meetings and meet regularly with sales leaders.
Contribute to the advancement of the Senior Marketing Manager role by adopting best practices and adhering to standards that enhance the level of service provided to the business units.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing or equivalent business experience.
- 7-10 years of experience supporting marketing solutions for RIA/MSO firms with multiple investment products.
- Demonstrating experience in marketing alternative investments to financial service firms.
- FINRA Series 7 required within 6 months of start date.
- Must understand the clients’ business and its objectives.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to build relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience documenting business process flow and advocating changes where necessary.
Job: *Sales & Marketing
Title: Senior Marketing Manager-Eaton Vance
Requisition ID: 3193486