Eaton Corporation Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
Eaton’s ES AMER ESS division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $77249.97 - $100,000 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
A Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for designing, integrating, and improving manufacturing processes to ensure that production is carried out in the most time-efficient and cost-effective way while maintaining overall product quality. Additionally, they choose the best technologies and processes to manufacture exist product offering and new product introduction.
In this function you will:
• Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
• Ensure all processes meet or exceed Eaton Safety (MESH) and quality standards by supporting MESH requirements, gage R&R, capability studies, 8D, and root cause & corrective action activities to support failure analysis, as required.
• Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
• Review and calculate labor, material, and other production costs along with reviewing schedules and future production requirements to assist management in decision making.
• Analyze plant workflow, equipment placement, and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency.
• Assist in the Research, Determination, composition, and evaluation of Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of new equipment, tooling, materials and other resources needed to support and offer solutions to resolve problems. This includes support emerging and existing technologies.
• Interfaces with the Plant Leadership team to implement short and long-term solutions to address issues in a production environment.
• Responsible for production process associated with the launch of New Product Development.
• Document manufacturing processes with work instructions.
• Generate and implement Engineering Change Notices enhancing product quality and reducing product cost.
• Take initiative to resolve problems with production and communicate effectively with operators.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
• BSME from an accredited institution
• 3+ years of experience in manufacturing, with a focus on manufacturing engineering
• A proficient knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and welding methods. Also, a broad scope of applicable knowledge in other related design and processing disciplines including (but not limited to) plastic and aluminum extrusion, casting, wood fabrication, machining, etc.
• Strong project management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize several concurrent projects.
• Exposure and knowledge related to lean manufacturing processes and tooling requirements.
• Proficient knowledge of the relationship of ergonomic and aesthetic industrial design concepts as they relate to user interactive product design.
• Proficient usage of 3D Parametric solid modeling software, preferably Pro-e or SolidWorks. Also, strong computer skills with a working knowledge of typical business applications such as MS Office.
• Proficient technical writing skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
• Prior experience working in manufacturing facility and comfortability with being present on the production floor.
• Ability to define and implement verification and validation test plans.
• Creative problem solving, strong communication, presentation and technical writing skills.
• A team oriented and self-motivated individual with ability to manage and prioritize several concurrent projects.
• The position requires an individual that has the ability to manage teams and overcome obstacles to meet project requirements.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs