Nike Senior Director Footwear Development and Product Operations in Boston, Massachusetts
• Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in general management, category or product leadership roles with international iconic consumer lifestyle brands
• Successful ownership of the growth and strategic targets for a business or category.
• Proven track record in leading a business to growth and inspiring an organization to change.
• A proven cross-functional leader, who aligns the multiple elements of the business (demand planning, merchandising, finance, marketing, etc.) to get to a growth number.
• Proven product development experience and expertise in understanding and interpreting consumer insight and market intelligence to maximize business growth and market share. Deeply understands global, regional and local market and consumer nuances and needs.
• Growth mind-set and transformation leadership skills.
• Collaborative, inspirational and motivational leadership style.
• High level of leadership identity and executive presence.
• Successful experience in organizational and team development.
• Strong business orientation, analytical and commercial aptitude.
• Proven business management experience with P&L responsibility.
• Strong strategic leadership skills with the proven ability to recruit, retain, motivate and develop a world-class team.
• Travel – 20-30%
• Fluent in Mandarin is a plus
• Has led a global team or experience leading teams in Asia
Converse does more than create the most iconic and well-loved sneakers in the world. Born in sports and made for the street, it is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. We seek people who can lead, grow, think, dream, and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. Converse seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing their authentic self, skills, and passion to serve the daring spirit of youth.
For Converse, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Converse Sr Director of Footwear Development and Operations focuses on research and development of product from conception to retail, to meet the needs of the consumer. This person is responsible for leading a global footwear product development and operations team as well as managing relationships with Asia factory partners. You'll create short- and long-term planning strategies to focus the team on delivering exceptional crafted product in addition to establishing an innovation pipeline.
• Responsible for the product creation process from initial concept through commercialization and production for assigned models. Leads on-time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specs, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
• Directs the agenda for product development that results in growth opportunities and competitive advantages in the marketplace.
• Works as a senior member of the Converse Footwear Leadership Team partnering directly with design and operations in developing short term and long-term agenda to deliver leading edge product development.
• Evaluates category performance and directs improvements and adjustments on a seasonal basis.
• Drives product development process innovation utilizing, functional, outside expertise to establish breakthrough improvements.
• Keeps abreast of market trends, goals, new technology and process innovation throughout the development community.
• Build, manage and elevate the team to embrace more growth mindset and different ways of working
• Align cross functionally on Go-to-Market strategy to ensure benchmark execution in the marketplace (Merchandising, Brand, Sales)
• Set winning business plan and targets aligned with the brand objectives and ensure financial and brand performance targets are met. Review and approve category financial KPI targets, including units, margin, SKU targets, sell-through and inventory.
• Develop specific product plans to ensure the adoption across the brand marketing concept maps, Merchandising assortment plans and regional initiatives.
• Lead and develop a diverse and multi-disciplinary team and create a growth and transformation focused mind-set. Encourage risk taking and exploration.
• Foster and uphold an ethical work environment with clear values, priorities and standards.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. NIKE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 503-671-4156 and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information.
- Nike Jobs