Nelnet Senior Commercial Project Manager- GRNE Solar in Boston, Massachusetts
Since 2012, GRNE Solar has been designing and installing commercial and residential solar systems across the Midwest. As a growing organization and now a Nelnet company with branch locations in 5 different states, we’re looking to bring in high performing and dynamic individuals with a passion to treat customers with a genuine and highly rated experience.
Now that GRNE solar is a Nelnet company, you will enjoy perks go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
With our rapid growth, our team is ready to welcome an experienced and driven person to join our commercial operations team to manage and oversee the successful planning and installation of large-scale commercial projects. The Senior Commercial Project Manager will efficiently coordinate solar installations from the sales handoff to utility completion and beyond. The ideal candidate is someone with a solar project management background, who can efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously, and has strong customer service skills. The candidate must also show a strong sense of teamwork, as our company relies on working together to accomplish goals.
• Oversee all projects, from the sales handoff to completion, by working with local municipalities, and utilities
• Coordinate and review the digital design of a commercial solar PV system
• Work with Sales Team members and customers to secure a project timeline
• Work with the Engineering Team to ensure production of accurate system designs and permitting/utility documentation
• Oversee procurement of materials
• Schedule installation crews according to production timelines
• Assist with the training/supervision of Commercial Project Managers as needed to ensure compliance/proper procedures
• Maintain project documentation
• Communicate with company leadership on the status of projects
• Follow company standard operating procedures, rules, and OSHA safety requirements
• Enforce the values of the company on each job site and ensure accuracy and professionalism is maintained
• Manage status checks and achieve necessary milestones required for the projects in your pipeline
• Manage relationships with customers and vendors as necessary
• Stay up to date on industry trends and new technology
• Additional duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 5+ years of large-scale solar project management or related experience (required)
• 3 years of permitting experience (required)
• 3 years of large-scale procurement experience (required)
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
• Proven demonstration of navigating fast-paced positions with the ability to adapt quickly to change
• Strong understanding of AutoCAD
• Proven experience in managing a team of at least ten to complete a task efficiently
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills
• A clean driving record and a valid driver’s license
• Professional appearance
Pay range for this role is $90,000-$130,000 annually, depending on experience.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
You may know Nelnet as the nation’s largest student loan servicer – but we do more than that. A lot more. We’re also a professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payment processor, renewable energy innovator, and K-12 and higher education expert (and that’s just a shortlist). For over 40 years, we’ve been serving our customers, associates, and communities to make dreams possible.
EEO Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) | EEO Letter (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-Jeffs-Letter.pdf) | EPPA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/Employee-Polygraph-Protection-Act-Poster.pdf) | FMLA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/FMLA-Leave.pdf)
- Nelnet Jobs