PPD Scientist in Boston, Massachusetts
In labs and health care facilities worldwide - HERE WE ARE
Thermo Fisher's clinical research business is a leading global contract research organization and world leader in serving science. We are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our mission – to enable our customers to make the world healthier, safer, and cleaner.
Within our Analytical Services team, we have a functional service provider solution, which is a unique partnership that allows our customers to leverage the experience of our staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits.
Responsible for the regulatory and scientific conduct of development, validation, stability projects, and/or other specialty technologies pertaining to biophysical characterization. Performs troubleshooting on multiple analytical instrumentation (HPLC, UPLC, LC/MS, etc.) and multiple detection techniques (UV, FL, MALS, etc.), calculates and interprets data, and records data in adherence with PPD SOPs and any additional requirements specific to the lab and / or client. Routinely acts as a technical project leader for multiple projects, interacts with clients on a weekly basis (or as needed) to provide updates, reviews and evaluates data, writes reports and protocols.
- Develop new test methods for biophysical characterization of AAV viral vectors
- Develop and execute test methods in support of AAV viral vector Process Development activities (e.g., SEC-HPLC, SEC-MALS, UV-Vis, ELISA, etc.)
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and trend assay performance
- Report on project progress, contribute to analytical development protocols and reports, provide technical recommendations to management
- Transfer assays to testing team and provide SME support for assay qualification, author and review transfer/qualification protocols and reports
- Maintain excellent written documentation (e.g., lab notebook and test forms)
- Assist with lab organization and compliance with lab safety protocols
At PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
To learn how PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific can advance your career, apply now!
*This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.*
*Education and Experience: *
- Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years with a Bachelor's degree).
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
*Preferred Experience: *
- Hands-on experience with the following assays: High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Mass Spectrometry (MS), Liquid Chromatography coupled with Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS), UV-Vis
- Preferred but not required experience with ddPCR, CE-SDS, ELISA
- Experience with sample management and ELN/LIMS systems strongly preferred
- Experience working with viral vectors for gene therapy is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and independently apply GMPs and /or GLPs to everyday work about documentation and instrument use
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Time management and project management skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
*Working Environment: *
PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific values the health and well being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- As a condition of employment with PPD, in this role, you must have received your Covid-19 vaccine and you must disclose proof of your vaccination status upon employment.
*Our 4i Values: *
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
Organization: *US BU
Location: MA-Boston-FSP Boston MA
Requisition ID: 218038
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs