Verisk Research Civil Engineer II in Boston, Massachusetts
This position is responsible for developing, enhancing and managing the vulnerability component and overall model performance of AIR’s flood peril catastrophe models that cover worldwide regions. The candidate will work closely with a team of structural engineers, hydrologists/hydraulic engineers, statisticians, and specialists in financial application of probabilistic risk assessment. The candidate is expected to be a highly motivated, detail oriented, well organized, and an independent worker and collective team player.
· Data acquisition, visualization and analysis to understand building inventory and its vulnerability subjected to flood hazards at any interested region worldwide
· Development of vulnerability functions and monetary loss curves for structural and non-structural components subjected to hazards such as storm surge, precipitation induced flooding for the regions of interest
· Implement the research of building vulnerability into AIR’s portfolio risk assessment models, and validate the output
· Investigate property damage in the aftermath of flooding, including statistical analysis of historical damage and insurance claims data
· Provide technical support regarding model development and communicate results to clients
· Strong background in construction practices as it relates to flood vulnerability, and in the effects of water damage on structures
· Excellent communication skills to convey findings to internal and external stakeholders
· Experience in probabilistic and stochastic risk assessment and modeling, particularly in the field of engineering
· Knowledge of structural design
· Proficient in C/C++, SQL, R, MATLAB
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice