Cabot Corporation Regional Finance Leader in Boston, Massachusetts
Manages finance function for a $100M+ revenue region, acting as a valued business partner for the regional GM, driving FP&A processes (monthly/quarterly reporting, forecasting, budget/LRP) and Controllership processes at a regional level. Is a thought partner to aid in decision making for key functional stakeholders: GM, commercial, product management, marketing, manufacturing, etc. Conducts financial analysis to interpret and explain results, identify trends/patterns and measure results against plan and explain variances. Uses advanced techniques to leverage informational systems to drive stronger financial discipline and informed decision making in the organization. Prepares and delivers information, reports, and presentations in a clear cohesive manner for use in decision making.
- Manages the development and execution of monthly forecast, quarterly PVA and Operating Review materials and processes in coordination with sales, commercial and plant functions.
• Owns the reporting, analysis and improvement plans to analyze/explain variable margin movements (volume, mix, pricing, variable costs, variances) for both historical period comparisons and forward looking (e.g. improve forecasting process using existing pricing and cost information to dollarize the demand plan).
• Works with plant teams to analyze/explain fixed cost and inventory change movements, as well as develop and consolidate forecast / story.
• Works with operational teams to drive net working capital improvements and forecasts for cash flow purposes.
Analyzes historical and forecast global STA costs in the business.
• Develops and oversees execution of KPI reporting for business leadership team using ERP and management reporting systems (OBI/Essbase), reviews business results, identifies and provides insight on key drivers of performance, and initiates recommendations for improvement.
• Drives process improvement, supports implementation of strategic initiatives including expansion of footprint, managing remote locations, managing risk and developing talent.
- Strong knowledge of financial principles and their applications.
• Detailed knowledge of manufacturing environment and product costing applications.
• Strong analytical capabilities.
• Ability to make decisions and analyses, and take initiative in the absence of perfect information.
• Ability to respond to issues quickly and effectively, to respond and adapt to changing work situations and environments.
• Ability to build trust and gain support of personnel across the organization.
• Advanced systems and computer skills, including JDE, OBI, Excel
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Preferably master degree in Finance or Accounting.
• Approximately five to seven years’ experience in a manufacturing or industrial organization.
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and place high value in creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive, and advance. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Realizing we function better together than individually, Cabot Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and to empower employees to achieve exceptional results, without consideration of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employees’ and applicants’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition ID: 2021-10277
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com