Pearson Regional Development Manager - US in Boston, Massachusetts
Regional Development Manager - US - ( 2104884 )
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology and each other to surpass these boundaries we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Regional Development Manager as part of our Market Development & Recognition team in English Assessment focuses on our largest product, the PTE Academic test. As we seek to expand our Language Testing services significantly over the next 5 years, this role plays a key part in shaping and executing the strategic priorities of our business. The key focus of the role is to grow and develop the onshore US market for PTE Academic, implementing the marketing development plan. The role is also responsible for supporting the market development opportunities in the Latin America region.
High Level Responsibilities
Develop the US and LATAM market through:
- Implementing the market development plan for identified focus States
- Understanding the nature, size and segmentation of market opportunity
- Contribution to a strategic approach to implement PTE Academic in the market, including defining and engaging key stakeholders
- Identify marketing and promotional activities needed and coordinating with central marketing and product teams in the development of go to market plans including the PTE ecosystem
- Establish operational and strategic plans to develop the market
- Provide input on forecasts and channel needs and support
Accountable for PTE targets in the region (and shared with geography)
Support and advise geo leads on plans for PTE in their region
Support with Government relations and other stakeholder engagement.
Establish and maintain appropriate partnerships to support growth of PTE
Support the assessment, scoping and delivery of ad-hoc or discrete projects and opportunities which require expert input.
Maintaining a strong understanding of operational risks, ensuring that they are effectively communicated to key internal stakeholders
Collaborate closely with the Recognitions Manager and recognitions team to support initiatives and share market intelligence, delivering a cohesive approach to the market.
Product & Competition
- Maintaining an in depth and up to date understanding of market and competitor activities and dynamics, ensuring key information is systematically shared with the wider English Assessments team
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
An existing network of relationships and connections in the international higher education industry in the US
Experience in international higher education in a sales consultancy or operational capacity
Ability to work comfortably with budget, revenue and cost figures
Project management capability
Minimum 3 years experience in a similar or complementary role – essential
Experience in language assessment
Marketing experience - desired
Knowledge of international migration
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) with internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Commitment to a collaborative working environment
- Comfortable with a matrix organisation
Primary Location : US-NJ-Hoboken
Other Locations : US-MA-Boston
Work Locations :
Job : Sales
Organization : Global Product
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Apr 8, 2021
Job Unposting : May 8, 2021
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2104884
- Pearson Jobs