State Street Quantitative Equity Research Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
Intermediate Quantitative Research Analyst, Active Quantitative Equity
*Company:* State Street Global Advisors (SSGA)
State Street Global Advisors is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation and a global leader in institutional asset management. With four decades of experience meeting complex client needs, our market-tested team manages over $2.7 trillion and we are now the third largest asset manager in the world.
The Active Quantitative Equity (AQE) team manages approximately $35 billion in a range of strategies across global equity markets over a broad active risk spectrum. We are active managers, focused on solving investment problems. Built by a team with decades of experience, the stock-selection model that informs all of our solutions contain our best investment insights — carefully scrutinized, extensively tested and grounded in a strong economic rationale. Quantitative research that combines creative investment insights with rigorous statistical testing is an integral part of AQE’s investment process.
We are seeking a quantitative research analyst with extraordinary analytical skills and background. You will have an ability to contribute ideas to improve our investment process, lead and execute research projects as well as contribute to our state-of-the-art research/production platform.
Generate ideas for investment process innovation and improvements with key focus in alpha generation and portfolio construction.
- Execute research projects including interpreting, presenting and implementing results.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving the research/production computing platform.
- Explore and evaluate alternative data sources and new modeling techniques to solve investment problems better.
- Advanced degree (PhD/MS or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline such as computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics or engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in quantitative finance or data science.
- Great analytical skills with solid knowledge in statistics.
- Strong problem solving capabilities with attention to details.
- Excellent coding skills with experience in R, Python and/or SQL. Experience with distributed computing is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of theoretical and practical concepts in machine learning.
- Experience working with a large amount of structured/unstructured data.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time