Jacobs Project Manager (Hybrid) in Boston, Massachusetts
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Project Manager, you’ll be an integral part of Jacobs’ Life Science’s organization in the New England Region. This role provides clear leadership and vision to project delivery and strategic growth of the group to position Jacobs for success. Working with other members of the team, you’ll perform a variety of activities, ranging from project execution, support of business initiatives such as proposals and presentations, and promoting the strategic growth of Greenville Life Science organization.
Working with other members of the team, you’ll perform a variety of activities, ranging from project execution, support of business initiatives such as proposals and presentations, and promoting the strategic growth of Jacobs Life Science organization.
During your time with Jacobs, you will engage with multi-office engineering and support staff to provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural design, construction management, and design-build project delivery.
You will design state-of-the-art life science and biopharm facilities (including Drug Substance, Drug Product Manufacturing, Oral Solid Dosage (OSD), Advanced Medicinal Therapeutic Products (ATMP), Plasma Derived Medicinal Products (PDMP) and new modalities).
This candidate may be based in any U.S. location and assigned to team in Boston, MA.
• Working closely with the New England Life Sciences operations team to perform writing, editing, and issuance of proposals for a variety of project execution and business development efforts
• Understanding of proposal requests, project deliverables and metrics and project execution details; ability to apply understanding to generate competitive and complete commercial offerings.
• Proficiency in soft tact skills, client management and commercial negotiations
• Working closely with the New England Life Sciences operations team to input accurate data for resource planning tools, CRM/sales functions, business, and operations planning, hiring, and management reporting to help coordinate the entire program during period of growth
• Generate execution strategy, chair execution planning meetings, drive planning objectives and foster collaboration and solicitation of input from key resources
• Run technical and meetings, develop action lists, and drive actions to completion
• Commitment to supporting and engaging a multi-office and Global Integrated Delivery (GID) team and the Jacobs project team members across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities
• Coordinate geographically dispersed teams and be able to do this remotely
• Developing and delivering on project scopes, budgets, contracts, and schedules
• Manage multiple tasks and, at times, projects concurrently
• Engage with various team members, stakeholders, and client representatives to facilitate project design development
• Commercial awareness with previous exposure to Client/Contractor claim management and negotiation techniques
• Prepare weekly / monthly project financial reports for client and internal Jacobs’ business systems
• Resolve various project-related issues that may arise over the course of a project’s delivery
• Strong ability to mentor and develop peers supporting team growth
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• BS in engineering, construction, and/or related discipline
• 8+ years of experience project management on large project size and complexity within an EPCM industry.
• At least 3+ years of experience related to pharmaceutical industry
• Ability to manage competing priorities, between strategic initiatives with longer due dates and tactical execution of tasks on urgent and immediate timelines
• Strong organizational qualities and attention to detail and quality
• Confident in use of project delivery software and tools, especially with respect to cost and schedule control
• Up to 30% travel to project meetings and job sites as necessary.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Master's degree in Engineering, but not required
• Licensed as Professional Engineer (PE), preferred
• Passion for continuous improvement and ability to work effectively within complex business systems
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Displayed ability to learn quickly, driven to broaden knowledge base
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
- Jacobs Jobs