Jacobs Project Engineer (Hybrid) in Boston, Massachusetts
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Project Engineer, you’ll be an integral part of Jacobs’ Life Science’s organization in the New England Region. This role is accountable for the coordination of projects including, guidance of all technical design, scheduling and budgetary performance, design quality, and safety. Working with other members of the team, you’ll perform a variety of activities, ranging from project execution, support of business initiatives such as proposals and presentations, and promoting the strategic growth of the Life Science organization.
During your time with Jacobs, you will engage with multi-office engineering and support staff to provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural design, construction management, and design-build project delivery.
You will design state-of-the-art life science and biopharm facilities (including Drug Substance, Drug Product Manufacturing, Oral Solid Dosage (OSD), Advanced Medicinal Therapeutic Products (ATMP), Plasma Derived Medicinal Products (PDMP) and new modalities).
This candidate may be based in any U.S. location and assigned to team in Boston, MA.
• Working closely with the New England Life Sciences operations team, contributing to writing, editing, and issuance of proposals for a variety of project execution and business development efforts
• Coordinate geographically dispersed teams and be able to do this remotely
• Engage with various team members, stakeholders, and client representatives to facilitate project schedule & design development
• Accountable for adherence to schedule through proactive planning and communication
• Running technical meetings, develop action lists, and drive actions to completion
• Manage the design checking procedure driving overall coordination and quality
• Support project delivery efforts in scope, budget, contract, schedules, and quality
• Manage design progress measurement and contribute to weekly / monthly project financial reports for client and internal Jacobs’ business systems
• Work with PM to resolve various project-related issues that may arise over the course of a project’s delivery
• Commitment to supporting and engaging a multi-office and Global Integrated Delivery (GID) team and the Jacobs project team members across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities
• Attention to detail to complete tasks independently, quickly, and correctly the first time which meet requirements
• Ability to manage competing priorities, between strategic initiatives with longer due dates and tactical execution of tasks on urgent and immediate timelines
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, and/or related discipline
• 8+ years of experience working on pharmaceutical projects as a design lead, project engineer, or project manager
• 8+ years of experience as a project engineer on large EPCM projects
• Licensed as Professional Engineer (PE), preferred
• Up to 30% travel to project meetings and job sites as necessary.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Master’s degree in engineering, construction, and/or related discipline, preferred
• Passion for continuous improvement and ability to work effectively within complex business systems
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Strong organizational skills
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
- Jacobs Jobs