Lumen Principal Consultant - ERP Program Manager - Location Flexible in Boston, Massachusetts
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The ERP Program Manager Principal Consultant is responsible for the overall management of a portfolio of strategic projects and manages project managers on the team. The programs are generally large, complex, multi-national initiatives, including SAP S/4HANA cloud migrations and deployments along with associated integration technologies. As the Principal Consultant, you will lead project planning, project task management, budget tracking, and project status communication in addition to providing oversight to a team of technical Project Managers / Delivery Managers. This high-end consulting role requires specialized leadership experience in ERP (SAP) / IT ecosystems in large (typically global) environments combined with outstanding people leadership skills and proven experience managing high performing teams
The Main Responsibilities
• Prioritize, negotiate, and manage the execution of all assigned tasks and sub-teams related to SAP deployments, including SAP and non-SAP technologies in scope
• Manage project managers on the team to ensure the successful delivery of their projects and enable their continuous growth and development within the organization
• Oversight of a project portfolio and participation in our business development efforts related to SAP projects
• Develop, implement, and review both strategic and tactile plans associated with ERP and other related systems implementation
• Coordinate and implement resources, schedule, structure, and internal awareness across a global team working in multiple technology stacks
• Create and course-correct plans throughout the project to address issues, mitigate risks, and prioritize on time successful delivery
• Lead and influence cross-functional team members and executives to execute the plan while managing the matrix project team to meet deliverables and milestones, flag potential deviations from the plan, and identify potential actions to get the project back on track
• Deliverable owner, champion, and spokesperson, establishing a positive working atmosphere for the project team
• Manage and support several assigned workstreams within a tightly integrated implementation
• Guide and manage a team of Computer/IT/ERP experts with solid understanding of the application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users
• Oversight of SAP/ IT consultants / experts who design, develop, document, analyze, create, test or modify computer systems or programs in ERP Technology, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications experience
• Publish the daily, weekly, monthly status reports required for different stakeholders including project, steering committee, project management
• Anchor the team to complete program documentation and plan deliverable sign offs
• Plan, prioritize and control project governance
• Plan and execute SAP Project Implementation and report progress across the team and to leadership
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Deep understanding and experience implementing cloud-based Enterprise Resource Planning solutions
• 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably with experience leading other Program Managers
• Strong understanding of all major ERP cloud solutions
• Prior experience anchoring SAP pursuits is required
• Experience influencing and overseeing high performing project leaders around large, complex, global initiatives
• Senior ERP Program Management with Consulting mindset and a track record of successful delivery
• Ability to collaborate, plan and conduct discussions at all levels of the organization
• Strong understanding of SAP Activate
• Specialized knowledge and certification in SAP Technology is huge plus
What to Expect Next
As part of the selection process, you may be asked to take a leadership assessment
Requisition #: 238782
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs