Arup Plumbing Engineering Intern (Available June 2021) in Boston, Massachusetts
Plumbing Engineering Intern (Available June 2021)
Sep 16, 2020Post Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• System load calculations to establish equipment size
• Calculations for designing specific piping systems for a variety of projects
• Report writing: writing summaries of the calculation methodologies employed
• Giving structure to your own ideas – lots of “taking a first pass” at spreadsheets, reports and analyses for discussion later rather than instruction
• Attending meetings and learning from listening, asking questions and discussion
• Work in close contact with other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Architectural Engineering
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Coursework in fluid hydraulics/piping/fluid dynamics, heat transfer
• Internship experience in engineering-related firm
• Proven interest in the built-environment
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Architectural Engineering
• EIT/ FE certification
• Membership in ASPE or NFPA
• Courses in sustainability
• AutoCAD drafting skills
• Internship with emphasis on civil/hydraulics/plumbing layouts with hydraulic calculations
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Revit & Excel experience
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Harvard University Smith Campus Center
• Northeastern ISEC + Bridge
• Olver Transit Center
• Harvard Art Museums
• Institute of Contemporary Art / Boston
• WPI Foisie Innovation Studio & Residence Hall
• UMass Amherst Isenberg School of Management
• MIT Site 4 Residential Tower
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs