Jacobs Plumbing Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we are not just building structures, we are helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world. We push the limits of what is possible to make the world smarter, more connected, and more sustainable.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skill and we will help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
We’ll look to you to meet onsite with clients, understanding of existing plumbing systems and deficiencies and communicating potential solutions then take the conceptual design from concept to construction documents. Performing calculations. Developing plumbing plans. Selecting equipment and developing equipment plans and system details.
Performing construction assistance in the form of submittal reviews, RFI responses, and field visits to verify construction of plumbing scope is executed per the intent of the design, and assisting in start-up of systems when required. Directing activities of Revit Designers and junior engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Onsite evaluation of Plumbing systems including trouble shooting and identifying system deficiencies.
• Attend meetings with clients and other building personnel.
• Establishing or assisting in preparing scopes of service.
• Providing plumbing design on projects and providing system design calculations, and other related design services including reports and specifications.
• Proficient in 3D modeling using Revit.
• Takes complete ownership of their portion of the mechanical scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
• Highly proficient in checking own work and coordinating work with related disciplines.
• Proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within their own discipline. Embraces emerging technologies.
• Understands a typical QA/QC process and can work well in a digital environment.
• Highly focused on quality, ensuring conformance with established plumbing standards, codes, project standards, and project delivery processes.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with other Designers, Engineers, and Architects.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Substantial professional (post-graduate) years of experience in the field of plumbing design
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong inter-personal skills
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
- Jacobs Jobs