Procter & Gamble Plastics Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design & delivery of molding systems from concept through to start of production. The engineer will lead the equipment engineering scope, collaborating upstream with R&D & downstream with manufacturing, in order to meet the needs of the customer. Drive innovation to delivery world class productivity, life cycle costs and performance. P&G Gillette systems are fast cycling, high cavitation automated cells that the successful candidate will be responsible to develop and delivery against pre-defined budgets, timelines and success criteria.
Key Work Requirements:
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver multi component product launches and effectively collaborate with internal peers and suppliers to define the best solution for the business against defined success criteria.
- Generate detailed equipment functional specifications which includes technology search, decision matrix assessment and recommendations against best value option analyses.
- Manage both technical scope & delivery of molding equipment from specification, design & build. Lead the debug, acceptance and implementation through vendor commissioning and qualification at receiving global sites.
- Manage project communications with all levels of our internal organization and externally with global suppliers and manufacturing sites/customers.
- Participate & lead detailed peer and customer design reviews ensuring that proposed solutions meet the business objective, molding technical standards & internal processes.
- Develop and manage detailed project plans including key milestone setting and timeline generation in line with overall program timings.
Requirements (skills / experiences) for the role:
- BS/MS Engineering degree, preferably in plastics.
- Plastics system equipment and polymer processing experience.
- Demonstrated results regarding delivery of full hot runner plastic injection molds, presses, automation and associated ancillaries.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and to use data & statistics to drive recommendations and solutions.
- Able to use key communication and collaboration tools e.g. Microsoft Office.
- Siemans NX Uni graphics and/or Solid-works exposure and understanding.
- Basic understanding of modelling and simulation software and tools.
- Background, education and experience, related to the plastics industry, injection molding equipment & processing of commercial & engineered polymers.
- Willingness to travel globally for periods of up to 3 weeks at a time
What we offer:
Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting.
We love flexibility. You can arrange your work schedule based on your personal needs.
Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits' package.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Title: Plastics Engineer
Requisition ID: ENG00002304
Procter & Gamble
- Procter & Gamble Jobs