State of Massachusetts Massachusetts Clean Water Trust Summer Intern 2021 in Boston, Massachusetts
About the Massachusetts Clean Water Trust
The Massachusetts Clean Water Trust (the Trust), an agency within the Office of the State Treasurer and Receiver General Office, provides cities, towns and other eligible borrowers throughout Massachusetts with below market rate loans for water infrastructure projects. This is accomplished through the management of two programs – the Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF) and the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF).
To fund these loans, the Trust issues special obligation bonds that receive a AAA rating from all three major rating agencies. Since its inception, the Trust’s SRF loan programs have provided nearly $7.3 billion in loans to approximately 300 borrowers to protect and preserve public health, and meet environmental standards benefiting the Commonwealth.
We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our team. In this position, you will be focused on learning how our organization operates and will have the opportunity to gain valuable career insight and experience. The intern will assist Trust staff in managing loan and grant programs benefiting communities throughout the Commonwealth.
Additionally, applicants interested in working with the Trust will be given an opportunity to develop a research project related to water infrastructure and governmental finance, as time allows. The intern will work with Trust staff to develop the scope of the project and final deliverables.
The intern is expected to be working remotely throughout the internship.
· Work directly with Massachusetts Clean Water Trust staff and leadership
· Gain experience with intergovernmental cooperation
· Witness open meetings
· Valuable public administration, policy, and finance experience
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Perform basic quantitative analysis
· Research components of government programs including applicable regulations and laws
· Working knowledge of MS Office Software, especially Excel and Word
Job: *Environmental and Energy
Organization: *Off of State Treas & Rec Genrl
Title: *Massachusetts Clean Water Trust Summer Intern 2021 *
Location: Massachusetts-Boston-1 Ashburton Place
Requisition ID: 210000A5