Boston University MARKETING MANAGER,WBUR Underwriting in BOSTON, Massachusetts
WBUR, Boston’s NPR news station, is a mission-driven non-profit media company that produces news and information to serve the public and keep democracy running. We have a loyal following with more than 875,000 monthly radio listeners in Boston and 9 million on NPR stations nationwide, plus millions more consumers online and in podcasts. We’re looking for a marketing star who is passionate about journalism and will help get the word out about new and existing WBUR offerings to current and prospective audiences. He/she will be a pivotal player in helping to tell the world about WBURs journalism as it appears, regardless of platform. This is a newly created opportunity for a skilled marketer. The Marketing Manager is responsible for growing WBUR audiences by developing, executing and communicating strategies and plans. This role is hands on and cross-functional, requiring regular communication with various departments across the station. On any given day, you may be defining program positioning and messaging, coming up with and executing a marketing plan for a national program, developing content marketing for a local news series or collaborating with editorial, fundraising/underwriting, community engagement and other departments to help them reach current and prospective audiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, mission driven media company, be highly collaborative with a can do attitude when it comes to both strategic and tactical executions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience in product marketing, with a legacy of successful growth, creativity and collaboration
- Can point to a track record of successfully launching and marketing complex technical software products in a SaaS environment
- Boast superb communication skills and are known to be eloquent, effective, and persuasive
- Possess a creative flair that you use to bring fresh ideas into product positioning and marketing campaigns
- Naturally and successfully collaborate and build consensus across many personality styles
- Easily strike a balance between thinking strategically and executing tactically
- Are comfortable with change (we’re growing fast, so change is constant!)
- Lean into ambiguity and operate effectively within an evolving team
- Mastered the art of multitasking and time management - you are both fast and effective
- Are driven by an internal motivation to contribute and make a positive difference
- Take pride in mentoring and managing up-and-comers
- Love to deliver results and make an impact on an organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Tracking Code: 7098
Job Location: BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary: Grade 74