AT&T Manufacturing Senior Consultant in Boston, Massachusetts
As the largest communications company in the world, more than 120 million customers count on us every day to deliver the wireless, Internet, data and advertising services that fuel their businesses and connect them to their world. You will find yourself connecting communications and technology with opportunities that will take you to places you never imagined.
AT&T Consultant Professional Services is responsible for providing consultation for project activities from inception - client identification through final invoicing. As a member of a team comprised of advanced infrastructure consultants and senior consultants, the AT&T Consultant Professional Services provides in-depth knowledge of networking to design resulting in the successfully implementation of solutions for our clients.
Roles and responsibilities of the AT&T Consultant - Professional Services include but are not limited to the following:
Description: This leader acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for Internet of Things (IoT), Analytics and Industrial Integration technologies in the Manufacturing Industry. With a focus on Industry 4.0 solutions, this position leads highly complex integrated technology teams developing business solutions in manufacturing environments. As a senior consultant, this position reviews and approves sensitive and important manufacturing customer design decisions prior to implementation in global factories. As a leader representing AT&T, this position defines Industry 4.0 manufacturing applications, solutions, strategies, technology innovations and enterprise architecture services.
Knowledge: This position supports IoT-enabled system design activities and reviews system designs in the manufacturing industry. These solutions ensure that Industry 4.0 solutions will exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment. As an SME, this position supports manufacturing centered technical designs, security and product workshops, professional services, general assessments, detailed evaluations, and final selections. This position also supports other professional services engagements and scalability assessment activities. As a program integration manager focused on manufacturing environments, this position coordinates and manages activities of multiple solution providers, partners and software vendors on large project engagements. This includes the development of IoT-enabled manufacturing system solutions for proposals and creates strategies to win the mobility business in new markets or current accounts.
This position requires a “Deep Generalist” level of expertise, with strong theoretical or practical background with relevant technical expertise in the following areas:
• Radio Frequency (RF) communications in plant environments
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
• Industrial protocols, such as Industrial Ethernet, BACNet, MODBUS or CANBUS
• Real-Time Operating System (RTOS), Operating System (OS) and Bare Metal applications
• SAP integration
• Edge computing
• Additive manufacturing / 3d printing
• Digital Thread / Digital Twin
• IoT security
• Data Science & manufacturing analytics (e.g., predictive maintenance)
• Agile / DevOps / open source
This position requires a demonstrated ability to analyze complex manufacturing problems and to propose solutions for Industry 4.0 environments with considerations of performance, scalability and accuracy. Experience supporting and/or managing SMART Factory Teams. Ability to effectively work with business leaders to define and analyze problems and align the most suitable technical, application or configuration solutions. Ability to evaluate the business implications of Industry 4.0 technologies to current and future manufacturing environments.
You will earn an amazing benefits package including:
• Employee discounts and perks
• Paid time off
• Learning and development opportunities to help you along your career path
• Tuition aid
• 401(k) savings plan
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage and MORE
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We are developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. With a network that covers 225 countries, including more than 120 million customers, we would say we are well on our way. Together, we have built a premier integrated communications company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, building the world you always imagined.
So what do you say? Let us do great things together.
Apply now and in case your email filter does not recognize us, please keep an eye on SPAM and junk folders so you do not miss a message.
Broad and deep knowledge of Industry 4.0 and plant floor automation concepts in Process or Discrete manufacturing environments (prefer Discrete), with emphasis on standard system interfaces. The successful candidate should have superior Enterprise Architecture expertise with experience in complex system architecture design and awareness of key manufacturing processes and systems, such as:
• Operational Equipment Excellence
• Lean Manufacturing
• Robotic integration
• Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
• Supply Chain Management (SCM)
• Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
• Quality Assurance
Experience and Certifications: It is expected that this position will have the certifications and experience to manage engagements of advanced scope and complexity as follows:
• Education: A Bachelor’s degree in a technical engineering discipline is preferred. A graduate degree in engineering or business administration is highly desired for this position.
• Experience: This position requires 10+ years of experience working in progressive positions of technical responsibility with enterprise companies to implement emerging enterprise computing technologies.
• Certifications: A Certified Industry 4.0 Professional Certification (SACA) is highly desired for this position. In addition, the individual selected for this position should have multiple industry certifications such as CCNA Wireless, CCSA, CCIE and/or CISSP. Additional security certifications such as Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP) would be considered a plus. PMP certification would be desired.
• Information Architecture Skills: must have mastered information architecture concepts, network layer models, service-oriented architecture components and understand business process flows. This position must be able to work with customers to design and document an Industry 4.0 Connected Factory Floor enterprise architecture strategy.
We expect employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status.
- AT&T Jobs