FirstService Residential Maintenance Technician in Boston, Massachusetts
FirstService Residential is now hiring a Maintenance Technician for a community in the Lakewood, NJ Area
Primary Responsibilities: Maintain an attractive, safe and pleasing environment for residents, perform routine maintenance in the common areas.
- Receive and complete work orders as distributed by Community Managers or supervisors.
Track and maintain hours, materials, costs, and paperwork for payroll and billing purposes.
Report back to Community Manager or supervisor regarding status of work.
- Safely utilize company vehicle for work related travel.
- Rotate on 24 hour call service.
- Report unusual and irregular conditions to the Community Manager for possible new work orders.
Maintain cordial, professional manner in dealing with residents, contractors, Management, etc.
Assist in maintaining all equipment, supplies and materials in functional working condition in a neat and orderly manner.
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred. Technical background from university or vocational sources a plus.
Minimum 1- 3 years experience in general grounds or buildings maintenance.
General knowledge of electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and carpentry trades. Must be able to operate tools and equipment related to facility maintenance.
- Must have and maintain clean driving record, and be able to pass background check.
he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day. Must also be able to climb several flights of stairs if necessary.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate both on the phone and in person with our clients in order to resolve issues and manage the business.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must be mobile enough to move around both the office in order to make copies, send mail and faxes and to walk around the property. This could include lengthy walks on uneven areas.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other associates.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- This position may alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning skills.
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties
The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions for the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled