BHI Energy Licensed Solar Electrician in Boston, Massachusetts
Licensed Solar Electrician Boston, MA Posted: 10/20/2020
BHI Energy has several opportunities for Solar Electricians for our Maintenance and Service group. The Solar Electrician’s primary responsibility is to support Operations & Maintenance activities by providing quick response to maintain the performance of the solar systems, provide excellent customer service to our Customers and ensure a smooth workflow and
optimally performing solar systems. Company truck provided, this will be a primarily independent position.
• Perform maintenance and service tasks for solar customers in assigned territories
• Diagnose and repair solar systems and electrical components
• Evaluate systems accurately for maintenance, warranty, design and other purposes
• Provide on-site, Tier 1 troubleshooting for solar systems
• Collaborate closely with engineering team to resolve technical issues
• Identify solutions to resolve technical design problems, including electrical systems used during construction
• Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
• Provide training to service staff on how to identify and resolve issues, repairs, etc.
• Provide training to customers about process, usage, and maintenance
• Manage and resolve customer concerns and issues in a timely manner; communicate and document progress to customer and relevant employees
• Document key communications in appropriate company software
• Develop positive and professional relationships with channel partners and service only providers
• Develop knowledge of all roof types and the appropriate flashings and mounts to use on those roofs
• Complete quality assurance inspections, documenting corrective actions, and ensuring completion of corrective items within reasonable timelines
• Maintain compliance with all Safety policies and practices
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Residential/General Electrician license required• Minimum of 3+ years electrical experience required, with 3+ years in the solar electric industry preferred• Formal apprenticeship and/or vocational training• Must possess a current, valid Driver's license• Working knowledge of the NEC required• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred• Proficiency in MS Office• Very strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)• Able to work an adjusting schedule and respond to emergencies• Projects a professional appearance
Physical Requirements:• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance may be provided for over sized items• Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and drive for up to 8 hours at a time• Work postures include: reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling objects above/below the shouldersBHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please emailESC@bhienergy.comproviding your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.