Embraer Lead Eve Mobility Systems Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
The Lead Urban Air Traffic Management (UATM) Systems Engineer will contribute to and lead the system design and development of Eve's UATM system portfolio as well as other traffic management solutions. This role will be expected to undertake both front-end lifecycle system requirements and design tasks and back-end integration, verification and validation activities. The Lead UATM Systems Engineer will work in close coordination with Eve's sister company under Embraer Group, Atech, to design, develop and implement future solutions. Additionally, this role will be expected to support other business development opportunities focused on preparing and establishing the UAM environment.
· Provide technical leadership, maintain customer communications, and organize work packages and assignments to meet program objectives.
· Collaborate with Atech throughout the product development life-cycle, including the conception, system design, development and implementation of future systems.
· Collaborate to build, grow and potentially manage an engineering team, as needed, to further develop UATM and other traffic management systems.
· Create and manage the systems engineering schedule and budget throughout the product development life-cycle.
· Collaborate in developing the technical product roadmap that will define and guide how the solutions will scale over time.
· Assess existing and emerging standards/regulations and their respective implications on the systems engineering approach and technical solution.
· Participation in various working groups to assess industry/market direction and ensure Eve's technology and implementation viewpoints are well represented.
· Develop system architectures that align near-term services/objectives with the long-term roadmap.
· Establish product requirements and ensure the delivered end item meets the customer's product specifications.
· Collaborate on requirements capture management activities, including the capture of customer and end user needs and the process of distilling results into functional and nonfunctional requirements.
· Manage the derivation and flow-down of lower-level (subsystem/component) requirements.
· Manage integration, verification, and validation activities associated with the product development life-cycle.
· Contribute to the Functional Hazard Assessment and Preliminary System Safety Assessment for UATM systems and assessment of the necessary standards (e.g. DO-278, DO-178) to determine the appropriate assurance levels.
· Help manage/oversee software development activities and ensure continuous alignment with the system requirements.
· Manage/create/tailor a configuration management process within Eve best suited to the unique needs of the product development life-cycles.
· Identify/assess where Eve should develop or partner with 3rd parties to fill needed gaps in the UATM and other traffic management systems.
· Assess 3rd party technology providers for potential partnerships and integration with Eve's UATM systems as well as for competitive assessment.
· Participate in meetings with potential technology partners.
· When necessary and under safe conditions, travel to collaborate with Atech to advance product development and meet with potential partners and/or customers.
· Collaborate with business development initiatives, as necessary, to generate opportunities to advance/test/integrate UATM systems as well as contributing to proposals.
· Support relevant Eve projects/engagements focused on concept of operations development
· Collaborate to develop an implementation strategy, including market compatibility/readiness level, integration requirements with local systems and the respective system requirements of Eve's UATM products.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
Education & Experience:
· Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, or other similar degrees, masters preferred
· 10-15 Years of systems engineering experience in the aviation industry, with focus on ATM automation systems
· Previous professional experience working within UAS Traffic Management and Urban Air Mobility ecosystems preferred
· 5+ years managing engineering teams
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Holds technical subject matter expertise in conventional and emerging air traffic management automation systems.
· Demonstrated experience with the design and development, including system architecture, of air traffic management automation systems.
· Knowledge and experience applying relative development standards
· Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
· Ability to architect an end to end system with a full understanding of the product lifecycle.
· Experience with estimating and managing product development costs and creating and managing respective schedules.
· Leadership and management capabilities